GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions, & Help (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   GermanLook.com T-shirts (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5259)

eisblau December 24th 2004 12:38

I'll take one in L and grey.
'Pissing off the purists' sounds good.

There is only one problem: I live in Germany, do you ship overseas and how can I send you the money???

Norbert

zen December 24th 2004 13:47

i have to work out the details yet, but my plan is to ship overseas as well. i just have to figure out the right rates to charge. payment will only be through PayPal in US funds. that is the only way i can see safely pulling that off.

super vw December 24th 2004 20:32

Sweet!

I agree with NOT having the "There's nothing fun about going straight" tag, i think it would sound a little strange to people outside the auto world. i get plenty of gay jokes from friends about not having a girl friend... i dont need any more ressons :D

Jonathan

hybrid_john December 25th 2004 03:05

I would deffinately take a shirt in L. I like the "Pissing Off the Purists" idea but I like the girl/dangerous curves as well. Either way zen I would deffinately take one off your hands but I cant use pay-pal, my card is maxed out with the 69 in the garage :rolleyes:

John

Chris Percival January 4th 2005 09:53

Hows about the line from my sig?

rip January 6th 2005 05:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Percival
Hows about the line from my sig?

that's neat :D

I was also looking through the post about what german look is, and a lot of people liked the modernization bit so... how about

"The modernization of a old friend"

Supa Ninja January 10th 2005 19:57

I like the "Moderization of a old friend" , that is what it is all about.

Doogie S January 11th 2005 15:42

Zen,

Sign me up for a Large.

Just a late suggestion for future consideration

"Abandon you Couch"

or

"Do you think your TV will miss you"

What's the chance of doing up a kid's version, as my son is definitaly into cars my hobby...

Doug

Doogie S January 13th 2005 00:35

One more tag line that I just thought of, which is my personal motto;

"Lead, Follow or Get out of the way"

Doug :)

zen January 13th 2005 21:13

all great ideas. i had to set it aside to deal with some web business stuff, but will be back on the design next week. hope to have some shirts up for sale shortly. will start with one design and add from there as well as other merch. keep an eye out.

Uber Affe January 26th 2005 20:59

Can you make me this?

1 Attachment(s)
I've always liked the WW2 vw geared logo...just always thought it looked cool.
It is all, but non existent except in a museum.
I am currently making a copy of a scratch-built piece in pewter with the studs placed in the back while I cast it and having it chromed.

It would be great to have a T-shirt w/ the logo on the front left
and GERMANLOOK>COM on the back.

See my pic!

=)

I'll probably make a few of the emblems since I'm going throught the touble of making a mold.

Haven't figured out what else would look cool.

Give me some ideas!

gabe

zen January 26th 2005 21:45

i like it too. i had played with the gear with a GL inside instead of the VW also. the G is so smooth though compared to V and W was difficult to get it to look right. i will play with this. i just haven't gotten back to the t-shirt thing in a while. been crammed on other stuff.

Uber Affe January 26th 2005 22:08

Yeah..I agree....The GL is a pain

1 Attachment(s)
Here's one try....I toyed with putting the "L" on the "G's" horizontal line ,but it looks too abstract and the "L" looks like it goes first.

Anyway...take a look.... I like the vw best.

Supa Ninja January 26th 2005 23:17

This has absolutely nothing to do with anything especially this thread. My full name is Nicholas Guenter Lakich and hence my initials are nGL. Pretty cool, I just can't believe it never dawned on me before.

BWE January 27th 2005 14:29

Thought of one at work the other night:

"Our cure for the bends"

Zen, I too would be interested in kid sizes in the future.

Cheers,
Dave

oicdn June 29th 2005 23:38

I personally like this kind of idea:

http://www.coustellier.co.uk/downloads/buswall800.jpg

But instead of a bike, put a GL there, and a/the chick leaning on a guardrail of a curvy road.....

But as for tagline...

"Straights are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers..."

vujade June 30th 2005 08:53

http://www.coustellier.co.uk/downloads/buswall800.jpg

Or you could put, 'Dangerous Curves Ahead' :D

Troy_Audio June 30th 2005 13:11

Im thinkin of starting a Drives Club In Prescott,Az Called
Twisted Veiws...
It would have the Twistie Raod Sign in the background & a Front window stiker that reads
Drive Like You Color... Keep It In The Lines
Peace Troy Count me in for (1) Large of all styles (for men)

you could spend $1000's doing Tee's with all the lil sayings we come up with..
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...8_491_full.jpg

kleinporsche November 15th 2005 15:23

I love your design über:GLgearLogo.jpg. Very stylish, would definately buy one. The gear logo would look good on the sleeve and you could have a very basic sillouette of a bug on the chest (something like the IMSA logo for Porsche). I also like the "our cure for the bends" moto. But please, make some medium one in a "fitted" t-shirt design! Do not make some X-tra large only in fruit-of-the-loom, no white t-shirts: black is good black is nice! Paint it, paint it, paint it, paint it black...yeah!

jakriz November 29th 2005 00:28

1 Attachment(s)
I would be quite happy with the German Look .com logo as seen on the top left hand of the page, I want some stickers too.
regards
Jak

Can one of the moderators send me a high resolution version of the current logo so that I can get my own stickers made?

zen November 29th 2005 09:09

t-shirts are done...at least this version. it is an embroidered logo as seen on the front page. no car or anything. just keeping it simple for these. top quality though. pigment dyed shirt. i will have picks and ordering up soon. too much going on at once. other versions will follow.

the logo at the top left will be retired soon. that is the only version (non-vector based) and i have not been able to get in contact with the creator to have a larger resolution version done and i don't have the time to try to recreate it. therefore, out with the old, in with the new.

zen November 29th 2005 09:10

oh, stickers are done as well. silver GL.com logo.

boblebaard November 29th 2005 11:12

How can I order the stickers ZEN? I need them for my cars.

zen November 29th 2005 16:18

should be up on the site within the next week or so.

zen December 4th 2005 16:29

Long awaited and finally here! The GermanLook.com Store is just getting started with a full line of merchandise beginning with some select, high-quality apparel and logo stickers seen in the GermanLook Gear Store in the Resource section of the Main Page.

You won't be disappointed. This line of merch was intended to be very simple and of the highest quality...something you can wear to a show and to the office (a casual one anyway). All logos are embroidered in two colors (GL.com silver and blue) with a high-stitch count. More merchandise will be on the way soon including print t-shirts (featuring a GL car of course).

REAL pics of the merchandise will be up in the next few days. Had to use some cheezy catalog photos for now, but it is the real products.

super vw December 4th 2005 21:03

Just ordered a shirt and some stickers tonight! WEEEEEEE!!!!! GL gear :D cant wait for somre more options later on ;) wink wink :D

Jonathan

Supa Ninja December 4th 2005 21:53

That merch is lookin good Zen! I'tt be orderin soon as well.

zen December 5th 2005 06:53

Looks like international shipping charges aren't working as I thought. Until I can fix it, all international orders should PM me with your order and mailing address and I will bill you manually with the correct shipping cost. DO NOT PLACE AN INTERNATION SHIPPING ORDER VIA THE STORE AT THIS TIME.

BTW, GermanLook.com Meet and Greet/VKG Dyno Day shirts will be up in a day or two.

ccain529 May 3rd 2006 14:40

2 Attachment(s)
OK so this may be a day late and a dollar short..... I know you guys have your tee-shirts and stickers done and all, but I had a weird idea....
Why not meld the Porsche and Wolfsburg Logos? Since these cars are a blend of the best of VW and the best of Porsche why not make a hybrid logo that represents both? These could be made into stickers, embroidered onto golf shirts, used with a tag-line on a tee-shirt.....what ever.

Here's a sample:

volksdragon May 3rd 2006 14:52

very cool badges

oasis May 4th 2006 02:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccain529
Why not meld the Porsche and Wolfsburg Logos? Since these cars are a blend of the best of VW and the best of Porsche why not make a hybrid logo that represents both?

To answer the first question, there may be legal issues with both companies.

The logo looks nice but I would have no interest. There is nothing Porsche about my car ... and nothing is planned. I would react the same if the logo was a morph between Wolfsburg and Subaru.

I admire people integrating Porsche mechanicals into their project just as I admire the Suby converters. In the end, the cars are personal statements of their owners more than anything else. And to that end, I feel part of that community more than anything else.

One opinion only, mind you.

ccain529 May 4th 2006 02:21

In retrospect...I guess I didn't take into account other peoples projects and stereotyped all German-Look cars with the Porsche bits...Sorry.
I guess I just have too much time on my hands! :laugh:

oasis May 4th 2006 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccain529
I guess I just have too much time on my hands! :laugh:

Your logo is quite clever and I am sure it did take some time. If the legal hurdles aren't insurmountable, I'm not against the logo. I just wouldn't be interested and I would hope that wouldn't be the sole available logo. That's all.

Time spent GermanLooking is time well spent. ;)