GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions, & Help (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   GermanLook.com T-shirts (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5259)

zen December 19th 2004 00:16

GermanLook.com T-shirts

Would like some feedback from you guys. I need honesty since this involves some cash layout on my part. I want to get some merchandise going so you guys can show some GL pride.

I am going to do a run of GermanLook.com T-shirts. Assume the following for the questions below, but feel free to provide other feedback as well. T-Shirts would be $17-$20 including shipping (may be slightly higher for outside North America). Heavy weight, high-quality 100% cotton (or may be 90% cotton, 10% poly depending on color I select) silkscreened colors. No cheap stuff. Sport gray (mid-tone gray with fleck pattern like an ash gray) shirt with navy blue GermanLook.com logo across the chest. No other print (to keep it simple and appealing to all).

Here is an example of what it would look like as it stands now...
http://www.germanlook.com/Images/gllogoexample.jpg

i need to know:
  1. Would you buy a GermanLook.com T-shirt?
  2. What size (so I can get an idea of the spread I will need)?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

volksdragon December 19th 2004 00:50

i would buy 2 and be an xl or 2xl :D

and it's a great idea :agree:
which logo / font where you thinking of?

doesn't matter i'd still by one i'm just curious

zen December 19th 2004 01:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by volksdragon
which logo / font where you thinking of?

doesn't matter i'd still by one i'm just curious

added above.

zen December 19th 2004 01:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by zen
added above.

btw, i played with some taglines (i.e. "Pissing off the Purists"), but wasn't happy with any and didn't think the shirts would be as univerally appealing. if there is a concensus on a tag line being wanted on there, throw some out and i will pick one. the winner gets a free shirt and 15 minutes of fame.

Supa Ninja December 19th 2004 04:06

How bout

German Look...a sports car in sheeps clothing

or

German Look...the total package

or

German Look...when going in a straight line is just not enough

or

just have a picture of a road sign for curves ahead but with a lot of twisties and a GL parked in front of it.

thats a couple of ideas

NO_H2O December 19th 2004 04:24

I want a large :agree:

boygenius December 19th 2004 09:39

I will take an X-large. :agree:

super vw December 19th 2004 16:47

I will buy one, i would need a Large.
Would there be an option of a different color... like black :D?

For a tag line.

- "More than just an ordinary Volkswagen"
- "Exelence"

I do like your (Zen) idea for a tag like "Pissing off the purists".

Jonathan

Supa Ninja December 19th 2004 19:58

I'm with Jonathan, white or ash grey is nice but black is better. I'll want a 2XL as well. "Pissing off the Purists" is good stuff.

rustbucket December 19th 2004 20:42

Large. "Pissing off the purist" for me too.

vujade December 19th 2004 20:54

I want a black one also....and agree the pissing off the purists is a good tagline..

volksdragon December 19th 2004 23:01

these are my 2 faves

German Look...
when going in a straight line is just not enough :D

pissing off the purists :laugh:

and grey :agree:

Scotts73SB December 19th 2004 23:39

Any color is good.. ill need an XL and yes id buy one...
and.. the logo at the top of the pages is that going to be used? Seems that is a universal logo that everyone knows.
Pissing off the purists is good. They say pissing on tv and in songs.. so whoevers p.o'd at it.. can just not read my shirt. :D

boblebaard December 20th 2004 06:41

Count me in for a couple, and don`t forget the stickers and calendars... ;)

... GL.com -the faster veedub comunity

... GL.com - kickass entertainment

Kafer_Mike December 20th 2004 12:37

"Pissing Off Purist..." is the tag line of www.volksrods.com. Let's try again... :rolleyes:

randyj December 20th 2004 13:01

I like gray.
I will buy one, X-Large.

Randy

zen December 20th 2004 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafer_Mike
"Pissing Off Purist..." is the tag line of www.volksrods.com. Let's try again... :rolleyes:

i would doubt they have a run on the saying either though considering how long it has been around. i wouldn't leave it at that anyway. i'm thinking something along the lines of:

"Pissing off the purists...in the name of performance" or something along those lines. open to others, but that seems to be the standout so far.

boblebaard December 20th 2004 16:56

How abour these:

powerful freezers!

pure power, no heating :D

german quality, retuned all over :rolleyes:

zen December 20th 2004 17:32

those are pretty good. a twist on one of yours...

german born, world refined

some others to think about:

A different way to look at old things
(each letter would be backward, not the whole word though, will get people looking at least)

A new way to look at old things
(each letter would be backward, not the whole word though, will get people looking at least)

Torturing bugs around the world

Torturing purists around the world

Some two-sided ideas (keep in mind that two-sided will increase costs, but may be worth it):

Front: How do you get ponies out of a bug? (beetle can be sub'd of course)
Back: GermanLook.com logo

Front: When's the last time you tortured bugs?

Front: I like my rice with a some V8 on the side

Front: I enjoy a steady diet of rice and V8's.

(for stateside guys)
Front: If you don't turn right, it ain't racin'...y'all
:laugh:

sorry braindump moment. do want to make a decision soon so you guys can have these available when that Xmas cash is burning a hole in your pocket. i want to make sure you are getting something you want though. this site is here for you and because of you.

boblebaard December 20th 2004 17:45

Front: Cheap T-shirts

Back: More power with Germanlook.com :laugh:

volksdragon December 21st 2004 02:43

Front: If you don't turn right, it ain't racin'...y'all

my fave out of the lot

:D

Front: Licensed to Thrill

or

Front: Cal-Look is so 70's

Superman December 21st 2004 03:18

1 Attachment(s)
Although black would be better I'd prefer the grey, black fades too fast. It's my opinion that the front should be "germanlook.com" only but in the Porsche font. Simple is better to me.

NO_H2O December 21st 2004 08:46

I do like the Porsche font.

zen December 21st 2004 09:17

i do too. just trying to avoid any action, by any company, for any stupid copyright thing they want to enforce. that is the reason there will be no image whatsoever of a VW. will consider the font though.

Lazarus December 21st 2004 12:21

i will order 2 large i like the idea of :i like my rice with some v8 on the side. keep me informed

rip December 21st 2004 15:05

i'd take at least one, black, xl. I sort of like these

"Front: I like my rice with a some V8 on the side

Front: I enjoy a steady diet of rice and V8's.

And the picture of a road sign with curves ahead idea is good "

or even some combination
rip

zen December 21st 2004 16:51

seems split down the middle on gray vs. black. supa reminded me of an old design that i never did anything with. what do you think of this?
http://www.germanlook.com/Images/glt...amplefront.jpg
http://www.germanlook.com/Images/glt...xampleback.jpg

rip December 21st 2004 17:03

how 'bout a pic of a girl and then have "We like Curves" writen below with GermanLook on the back.

zen December 21st 2004 17:32

you guys are spooky with the ESP. that would be another design i had done in the past (except it was, "I like 'em with curves") but put to the side because i wasn't sure how well received it would be by the masses. i don't want to be investing mass amounts in a bunch of different styles and colors out of the gate. trying to find the boadest appeal. once the funds replenish, i can start with different color shirts and designs that are a little more appealing to a smaller crowd. the numbers add up quickly and too small of an order makes the unit cost too high to be appealing at retail.

rip December 21st 2004 17:58

I figured as much, but would still be funny. Well at least I would laugh.

Frankly, anything that moves away from the old idea that "speed is everything" and gives more credit to those who cares about handling, and the engineering that goes into a well built machine. I'm just tired of the whole Cal look thing, guess I should move. :laugh:

keep me posted
rip

Supa Ninja December 21st 2004 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by rip
Frankly, anything that moves away from the old idea that "speed is everything" and gives more credit to those who cares about handling, and the engineering that goes into a well built machine. I'm just tired of the whole Cal look thing, guess I should move. :laugh:

keep me posted
rip

Rip, I feel the exact same way. Zen if you decide to go double sided, maybe instead of the GL.com logo on the back have it on a sleeve. I have a Alpinestars tee and it looks very sharp like that. I think what will happen is no matter what the finally decision I myself and I'm sure a few others will get one no matter if it's the one choosen by the masses or not. Oh ya also there have been talks about stickers for the last couple of years, is that going to happen too?
One more idea is a pic of a hot cartoon(anime) chick and "curves are good"

Scotts73SB December 21st 2004 18:51

heh.. "broadist" appeal!!! good pun!! :D
Cant have a girl on it due to everyone has different tastes in what a girl should look like.
Id say go for words.. if you use signs.. some place like Cal Trans or Highway signs.com will say you stole the image from thier website and people are a little to sue happy.
Would be cool to have a space on there where we could have a place to put a transfer of our own favorite cars on there now that you can make your own. Maybe on the back or something.
So i say.. use words.. no one can copyright that! Unless its a saying or something.

zen December 21st 2004 20:00

not anime, but best i could do on short notice. :laugh:

btw, not going here. just a joke.
http://www.germanlook.com/Images/gltshirtcurves.jpg

super vw December 21st 2004 22:29

I dig the one with the signs and logo on the back.

Jonathan

rip December 22nd 2004 04:02

or pic of girl/sign with "We can handle curves ..." and on the back a german look bug with "... can you?" or something to that effect.

vujade December 22nd 2004 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by rip
or pic of girl/sign with "We can handle curves ..." and on the back a german look bug with "... can you?" or something to that effect.

on that note, what about a pic of the girl silhouette on the sign with 'dangerous curves ahead' :D

BWE December 22nd 2004 19:10

I like:
"Front: I like my rice with a some V8 on the side
Back: GermanLook.com logo"

I'll take two of whatever you decide in a M and a L.

Cheers,
Dave

Sandeep December 23rd 2004 10:53

I'll take 2 in Large. Just make sure it has a pic or sillouette (sp?) of a GL bug ! :D

Sandeep

Rob December 23rd 2004 13:30

I'll take one L.

More taglines:

"Move over"
"This 'nice little car' can kick your ***"
"Yes Officer, it's 100% stock"
"Go fast or Suck" ('borrowed' from SCC)
"Not your grampa's bug"
"Fun is not a straight line"

I really like the 'Pissing off the purists' one.

Rob.

zen December 23rd 2004 13:55

glad i asked. Large is a lot more in demand than i would have expected. i will just be running L and XL. probably 70/30% split. there have been some great suggestions on here and just goes to show the diversity of tastes in this community.

i think the "Pissing off the Purists" seems to be the winner and will be the run for the first batch (and on-going). i will drop the extra tag on it and leave the saying just as is. assuming good sales on these to recoup costs, i will start running more styles and colors as well and other merch like stickers will be coming soon.

thanks to everyone for the suggestions and the support. :agree: keep the thread running with more suggestions for the next run. there are already some front runners. biggest seems to key off anti-staight line and pro-curves. thought of one, "There's nothing fun about going straight", then realized the different conitations that can have. :confused: i'm guessing that might not be a big seller for all. :laugh:

look for an announcement on availability soon.