GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Project Builds (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Finaly worked on my car (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10374)

Panelfantastic February 15th 2008 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by NO_H2O (Post 64116)
Don't ask me if I can get more of this stuff, our aircraft overhauls have been farmed out. But you can get it through Boeing for about $10,000 per 4'x12' sheet.:eek:

Come to think of it, I know a guy. His job is to repair plane parts. Always talking about leftover carbon fiber bits. Never heard him mention any honeycomb though. Says they keep it all frozen? and it's date coded, after a certain date, they throw it out!?
The real kicker is, he's a car guy. Makes stuff for planes all day, but just cant seem to make the jump to building his own stuff. I guess without a plan and a mold he's lost?
I'll ask about honeycomb the next time we chat.

Jeff-

Lazarus February 15th 2008 20:49

Dave i know ive already said it but this really does make me "physically ill." :angry:

zen February 16th 2008 17:54

that rocks! very cool to see you back on it. i get to see it next week too. :)

Panelfantastic February 17th 2008 09:52

Hey Dave, still don't think the black car will be done for DD?

Jeff-

yellow73 February 18th 2008 01:17

Dave,

The upgrades look great. I am glad to hear about you working on Smack - I can't wait to see it - looks great so far.

NO_H2O February 18th 2008 22:52

I will not have my exhaust before Dyno Day. But there might be a loaner that will work to get it on the roller.

Panelfantastic February 19th 2008 14:50

YES!! :rockon:

I paid a guy just this morning to work for me, soooo, looks like I get to make DD also. Pretty excited even if I'll only be a JAFO. Sounding like the place will be packed.

Jeff-

NO_H2O February 20th 2008 21:54

I cut another carbon fiber peice to cover the spare tire with battery relocated to a mount in the center of the spare sticking thru the carbon fiber cover. Looks sweet. My new CSP shifter came today. I was feeling good until I read Dennis's post about his electric fire. I am deflated now. But I use his post as motivation to go to Summit and buy a 250 amp battery disconnect switch and a 5 lbs. fire bottle so I will have 2 fire extinguishers in the car. I will soon install an on board fire system like the one we put in Herbie X. The kit is about $400 but I think it will be money well spent. Non the less his post has me very sad. I know he loved that car.

NO_H2O March 1st 2008 00:40

5 Attachment(s)
Well I finished the firewall, fabbed the rear 1/4 windows with NACA duct inlets, installed the battery diconnect, switches to control relays for fuel pmp and ingnition system, finished the Batery relocate less the 4 hold-downs for the carbon fiber/honeycomb spare tire cover. I made a carbon fiber dash plate for the battery disconnect switch and a carbon fiber wire cover for the front side of the gauges. I still need to wire up the HyFire and make some stainless inlet screens for the NACA ducts and install the new CSP shifter. I hope my heads are done soon so I can finish the engine up.

NO_H2O March 1st 2008 00:42

4 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple more px

yetibone March 1st 2008 08:56

Dave, I hate you.

:D

The CF honeycomb looks killer.

vujade March 1st 2008 11:33

[QUOTE=yetibone;64432]Dave, I hate you.

:D

QUOTE]

LOL :D

Looks good Dave!

zen March 2nd 2008 13:16

Gratuitous use of c/f. I love it. I was hoping to see it today. but it's not in the cards for me. should be able to next week though.

yellow73 March 2nd 2008 21:26

You do nice work!!!

wrenchnride247 March 2nd 2008 22:17

You are a sick man... :D