GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Transmissions (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   PDK Transmission (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11891)

effvee February 13th 2017 05:52

PDK Transmission

Hi, does anyone know the dimensions of the PDK manual transmission?

SuperRSi February 15th 2017 10:40

You would have to say which one...

effvee February 15th 2017 19:33

Helllo, the PDK transmission which I need its dimensions is the one from the Porsche Carrara, around 2015. It's the 7 speed, not the tiptronic.
Thanks

effvee March 10th 2017 07:04

Well I got a response today from the excellence magazine editor concerning the PDK. it's too long for me to consider. Ok, back to the G50:rolleyes:. I wish that I could have afforded the mods last year, it jumped 500$.

Any one know how much for a good trans manual cost?
O by the way the PDK is 27.5 inches in length.

Wally March 10th 2017 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by effvee (Post 90594)
Well I got a response today from the excellence magazine editor concerning the PDK. it's too long for me to consider.

Just carve out the center section, make it fit! Although the electronics of it might put me off if it can't be made to work stand-alone. A true flipper-operated manual PDK would be totally awesome!
I would be more interested in its weight then size...

effvee March 10th 2017 23:39

Hey, when I first saw the PDK for me it looked shorted than the G-50. I really hoped that it was. But now I still want the EZ-36. So, even if I have to go with a 5 speed bug trans, and that 5 speed being a Berg, if I can get the EZ-36 the fit in, this will be my choice. The PDK, would take at least 8000$ just for it. Let alone the ECM interface concerns. I have a Rhino case gussetted. I can choose the Whiddle gears to match the G-50. My EZ-30 its without the oil pan and timing tran gear covers. I need to now get the meausurement. It's all about that 6 cylinder.

As a last ditch effort, I can get back on track with my three liter if all else fails. I choose not to go extreme in the axle tube area.

Luismj March 12th 2017 01:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by effvee (Post 90543)
Hi, does anyone know the dimensions of the PDK manual transmission?

Do you know any aftermarket control interfaces for PDK?

Thank you

Wally March 12th 2017 04:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luismj (Post 90602)
Do you know any aftermarket control interfaces for PDK?

Thank you

Thats the right question! :cool:

effvee March 12th 2017 06:48

Good morning, no I do not know of any interface hardware/software. For me the primary hurdle was the dimensions. Guessing, RPM and throttle position, would be primary. If I we're to have made it fit, I would have started my interface journey with reaching out to a company like Motec. The fit, starter, flywheel,for me was first. I also would have cannibalize the donor car for the transmission ECM and any other parts that would made the transition more possible. From what I saw, the PDK had a sensor ring on the outside of the flywheel.

Sorry:o

effvee March 13th 2017 18:02

My G-50

Hello, since I have had to change transmission options, it's back to the G-50. The guy that sold me the trans is a co-worker. Per his statement, the trans had a posi in it. Well, I wanted to make sure that the trans had a posi; well it did not. For me its very important that trans had what it said it had. So now I have my lip stuck out:mad: I may just go for plan "B " and build a 5 speed bug with a Rhino case. It's sounding better by the moment:(