GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Transmissions (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How much power can a lV a KEP 200 mm IV pressure plate handle? (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9138)

Steve C December 2nd 2007 21:27

How much power can a lV a KEP 200 mm IV pressure plate handle?

Hi

As the subject says, how much power can a KEP 200 mm IV pressure plate handle with an organic disc?

This is with a roughly 950 - 1000 Kg car, G50 trans, 2 litre WRX STI motor, with about 190 kW at the wheels.

Steve

Trogdor December 3rd 2007 18:48

190Kw?
I know the KEP clutch in my DeLorean handles 1.18 Jigawatts of power no problem. Thats with juice master 2000 mod on the flux capacitor.

wrenchnride247 December 3rd 2007 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor (Post 62770)
190Kw?
I know the KEP clutch in my DeLorean handles 1.18 Jigawatts of power no problem. Thats with juice master 2000 mod on the flux capacitor.

You got this sitting next to that ghia with 9's all around without tubs right?:rolleyes:

Trogdor December 4th 2007 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrenchnride247 (Post 62778)
You got this sitting next to that ghia with 9's all around without tubs right?:rolleyes:

Actualy it is..... WEIRD! huh

Thread whoring

wrenchnride247 December 4th 2007 22:40

I don't see a DeLorean. (just a bug that was ruined IMO) Your 9's WILL rub from looks of pix with full weight of car in a corner at speed. The only reason I even replied to this thread is because Steve C was asking a good question, and I did not like seeing your reply. (as well as others posted else where) This site is for people who share a common interest in learning and helping each other with VW's, not bashing, like another site I know. (and not a member of for that reason) This site has a good reputaion for being understanding and helpful to members, and think we would like to keep it that way. Don't get me wrong, I can be a very good smart A$$ myself. (just ask any of the VKG) But there's a time and place for it...

Sorry Steve, for thread jacking, but if no one else is going to say anything.

Have you looked on the KEP site for HP ratings on the pressure plate?

NO_H2O December 4th 2007 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor (Post 62770)
190Kw?

You should look at what country people are from and what acronyms they use before you push the "I'm a jacka$$" button.

Trogdor December 5th 2007 00:36

Ok jeez. Didn't know membership to GL included removal of you sense of humor.

NO_H2O December 5th 2007 08:56

Leaving your sense of humor isn't manditory, but you do have to know how and when to use it. Miami Valley Smack Talk doesn't always translate well when it crosses the mighty ocean. Most of us here know what 190 Kw means. Remember, this is an international crowd and we don't want to look like "Stupid American Jacka$$es". That is what thesamba.com is for.

Trogdor December 5th 2007 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by NO_H2O (Post 62828)
Miami Valley Smack Talk doesn't always translate well when it crosses the mighty ocean.

Hey now. :shocked:

DORIGTT December 5th 2007 13:27

I took it as a joke and not insulting.

Send a link to the movie next time to make sure everyone is on the same page!

Jigawatts... you're silly!

wrenchnride247 December 5th 2007 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by DORIGTT (Post 62832)
I took it as a joke and not insulting.

Send a link to the movie next time to make sure everyone is on the same page!

Jigawatts... you're silly!

Back to the future...yes most know this, but my point was Steve C normally ask questions expecting a serious answer (from seeing his postings), and being from "down under" might not have seen that movie. (good point DORIGTT) Plus, trogdor throwing smart a$$ comment's in several posts of legitiment questions to the pursuit of VW performance is not the norm for this site. (particularly since he's new to the site)

Trogdor December 5th 2007 23:03

So your saying people from Australia don't have movies? ..... from the 80's? ..... either way it was funny and I'm sure SteveC saw the humor as well.

And since you guys have been too busy to answer the original quesiton and continue to take it farther off topic because of a silly reply , yes it will handle the power.

NO_H2O December 6th 2007 03:14

I would think a 200mm stage 2 KEP would handle an STI engine. A stage 1 is not what I would use with a stock disc.

Steve C December 6th 2007 08:03

Hi

Thanks for the serious replies. I like Mr Eds philosophy, don't talk unless you have something to say

I already have the stage IV Kennedy 200 mm and it is rated at 300 ft. lb. and the one that Kennedy sell for the G50 is rated at 600 ft. Lb.

I'm just getting cold feet, I like to try and do things once, so I'm worried that the stage IV Kennedy 200 mm might let me down.

Steve

Turbo Haraune2 December 6th 2007 12:12

My stg3 kennedy with "gold" disc handles the 245whp that my ra engine puts out just fine.
Took it off after about 1000km and there is no sign of slipping or overheating