GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   German Look Tuning (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Has anyone thought of this? (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3309)

hybrid_john November 16th 2003 02:21

Has anyone thought of this?

Has anybody in the germalook world thought about grafting 2003 Porsche 993 Litronic head lights( I believe that they will fit with medium fender modification), instead of just using the original to 356,944,911,etc. round head light?

I mean, every other part of the Porsche is used, why not the cosmetics(other than wings) as well?...

"I want some replys on this one!"

It would be nice for some suggestions and opinions...this thought has been crossing my mind ever since I found some on ebay.

vujade November 16th 2003 11:44

First off do you mean 996 or 993 because there were no 2003 993's made.

If you meant 993, then there is a guy in North Carlona that has grafted 993 headlights into his beetle. & I have also seen one guy in Europe that has grafted them into a ghia too.

996 headlights seem like they would be much mmuch harder, if at all possible.

boygenius November 16th 2003 12:06

I thought about it untill I asked my friend who does body work how much money to make them fit. He just started laughing at me.....

hybrid_john November 17th 2003 04:01

No I was thinking of a pair of 2003 996 Litronic Head lights, but put down 993 instead, but there where a pair that I thought about purchasing their for a while, but I didn't want to fork over $2200 for em. maybe I'll consider it in the future.

boygenius November 17th 2003 10:10

I have seen a set of boxster headlights sell for $400 to $500 dollars on e-bay. Almost the same as 911 headlights but a heck of a lot cheaper.:)

hybrid_john November 17th 2003 21:26

I've never seen 993 headlights on a beetle before and wanted to do it for myself but Ive moved on and decided MINI ...
:yummy: Its an idea

boygenius November 18th 2003 00:05

Do you mean mini cooper headlights? Hmmmm. It just might work...:)

hybrid_john November 20th 2003 01:39

Yeah It just might... its an idea that I've never even heard of let alone see! So I'll continue doing my research on the head light conversion for 2003 MINI cooper head lights.... they look awsome to me, and the thought of them on my Beetle....:D !!!!!

samcat November 20th 2003 06:15

Quote:

Originally posted by hybrid_john
Yeah It just might... its an idea that I've never even heard of let alone see! So I'll continue doing my research on the head light conversion for 2003 MINI cooper head lights.... they look awsome to me, and the thought of them on my Beetle....:D !!!!!
Been done a while ago by a geezer in the UK :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...9/fa837523.jpg

LOTS of work.

Cya,
Sam C

hybrid_john November 20th 2003 22:13

Gee-wiz man...
Is there anything that hasn't been done already?
I want to do something no-one else has done before!!

Any suggestions?

Anybody got any ideas that might be unique any realllllllly unusual, I want to be the first to do it!!

I'll try anything....:befuddled
:help:

Pillow November 20th 2003 22:33

>Is there anything that hasn't been done already?<

No... Most everything I can think of has been done before. Which is cool, but new and fresh ideas are hard to come by. Granted just because one thing or another has been done does not mean a fresh presentation cannot be put together that is just as stelar or more so than an orignal.

I kind of got mad at BugJam/ Bulli Brigade that a few busses were rolling what I wanted to do already. Kind of kills the fresh and new idea! :(

hybrid_john November 20th 2003 22:48

Yeah it relly does kill the new fresh feel to it doesn't it!

But I'm really brain-storming over here and should eventually come up with something!
What about Mercedes C-class head lights?
could be worth it!:)

LOAF November 20th 2003 23:08

How about subaru wrx "bug lights" as they are refered to..

It is different... I could take picture if anyone is interested... On similar forums they go for about 150-200..

Just a thought.. At least they both are flat four.. While I am on the WRX Bandwagon.. They make variations of those lights..as in JDM and EDM (Jap and European models) also the WRX Prodrive variants.. But IMHO not a good look..

ALex

hybrid_john November 20th 2003 23:15

I didnt even concider WRX head lights, I will deffinatly look into it...

btw, what did you mean "not a good look" ?

John

boygenius November 20th 2003 23:19

Someone already did the mercedes lights in a kahrman ghia.:( Got beat to it again...