GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Camber plate info, FYI (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8987)

Bug@5speed(US) September 26th 2007 21:01

Camber plate info, FYI

Came across another company that actually carries camber plates.

Thru carreracustom.
POC is Stephen Ellis @ Phone: 704.841.2614
E-mail: CarreraCustom@carolina.rr.com

One of our members here had posted about them.. I have been conversing with Steve on the subject, as I need them to band-aid my +camber due to my porsche spindles.

There are two different plates for early 3 bolt and later 2 bolt suspensions.

I am looking at getting the 3 bolt which is Part#9941875V

Payment can be made with credit card, money order or personal check.
Total Cost $369.35
Just passing the info.. I need to ask him how much camber is allowable.. but feel free to write to steve.. I have a pic of the setup that I will host hopefully tomorrow.. Its on my work computer..
VR
Alex

Bug@5speed(US) September 27th 2007 10:08

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the best I can do, with regard to pics
VR
Alex

Steve C September 27th 2007 10:47

Hi

That would have to be the most poorly set out website I have seen.

If you want more camber unpick your existing inner eccentric adjusters, then slot the chassis, also use MK1 Golf/Rabbit camber bolts on the struts.

Steve

Bug@5speed(US) September 27th 2007 15:09

Steve,

I have toplines inner essentric bolts, some H&R camber bolts, haven't slotted the topline struts yet, but may need more due to the 944 spindles..

While its a bandaid, I was trying to find a way to do it easier at the track.

Alex

Steve C September 27th 2007 20:49

Hi

You could always cut the lower control arm and put a threaded section in it or make new lower control arms out of molly the correct length.

Steve

Jeza September 27th 2007 21:05

1 Attachment(s)
Or move your strut top mounts inboard, which is effectively what you are doing. Do you need to have it adjustable though? You could set up the top at a decent amount and then dial it in or out with the chassis and strut leg adjustments.

vw1303 October 22nd 2007 21:32

2 Attachment(s)
Voila!

I custom made these a while ago. If I were to do them again I would buy some cheap ebay civic ones and re drill and re shape the top plates to fit the beetle.

These work great with 944 spindles. I get actually get negative camber!:D

Bug@5speed(US) October 22nd 2007 22:22

Those look nice..

Did you use some alum and cut and drilled them to fit? Where they completely from scratch..

Any more pics, looks nice.

BTW, nice bars and car.
VR
Alex

vw1303 October 22nd 2007 22:42

Yes. I turned all the bars on the lathe and tapped them. Everything you see in aluminum is made from scratch. I'm going to take the body off this week to see if it is strong enough to hold up the suspension.