GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Boxer AutoGruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   track days 2010 (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10656)

chug_A_bug May 28th 2010 21:27

track days 2010

hey guys Soo I got some info on some lapping days at TMP
only Pre $60 from 5pm-dusk
$80 at the track (just showing up)

http://www.torontomotorsportspark.co...r_lapping.html

so lets get some cars together and giver ;)

Chris.

Sandeep May 31st 2010 12:45

Everytime I hear about a track day I get giddy and sad at the same time :lmao:

I'm still working on the beetle, but will see if I can convince my brother to bring down his RS4 for the day.

BTW, who owns the Boxer AG "Fastest Man Alive" trophy ? I need to make eventual arrangements to have my name permanently engraved on that thing :shocked:

Sandeep

gonebuggy May 31st 2010 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandeep (Post 76295)
Everytime I hear about a track day I get giddy and sad at the same time :lmao:

I'm still working on the beetle, but will see if I can convince my brother to bring down his RS4 for the day.

BTW, who owns the Boxer AG "Fastest Man Alive" trophy ? I need to make eventual arrangements to have my name permanently engraved on that thing :shocked:

Sandeep

How fast does you car go on jack stands Sandeep? :D:lmao:

It's probably still faster than mine lol (mine's on stands right now too!) Although, once I've cut my pushrods to length I'll be bolting my fresh 2110 in!

I'm very interested in a lapping day Chris! There are a few issues I want to hammer out first before I commit to it. Basically I want to be sure that I take the trophy first try;)

Alex

Sandeep May 31st 2010 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonebuggy (Post 76300)
How fast does you car go on jack stands Sandeep? :D:lmao:

Alex

Well it looks fast sitting there :D

I'm mocking up the rotating assembly right now, getting close to the short block stage. Let the trash talking begin !

Sandeep

petevw May 31st 2010 21:44

No trash talking here.......... Just FACTS!

Question: Who
-drove their car to the track and then home again?
-spent the day lapping the track till dusk? - not just watching
-pulled away from a 911SC, lap after lap?
-all with a 1600dp

Answer: ME!!!

:driving: :woohoo:

I believe the trophy resides with a light standard bug with a big Type4, and big brakes. Too bad i was only a couple seconds slower on the 1 lap with the heavy ass super and 1600dp as the clock was running. :lmao:

In the fall the '52 will be on the track with a NA carb'd 2275. Bring a notepad, you'll need it to take notes. :D

Chris if you want to do something soon, i want to run my TDI Golf. Gotta put the big brakes, peloquin diff, coilovers, and tune to the test. Let me know.

Pete

CLKWRK June 2nd 2010 21:02

BTW, the 911 sc with squishy stock 911 suspension was following you son .... studying your moves ;)

chug_A_bug June 2nd 2010 21:29

hey guys...
Soo ya well my car isn't ready but Pete if ya want we can hit it up one night in your TDI ;)

Chris.

impulse byer June 26th 2010 15:55

come on guys get your buckets running so we can make a date for this. :lmao:

petevw June 27th 2010 00:10

Hey Lee,

What event are you attending next? I want to come out in the TDI and have some fun with your 'rocco. :D

Pete

fast Ed June 29th 2010 19:15

My 2nd SHO Taurus will be ready for the track in a few weeks. The engine kakked in the $900 car that I had bought 18 months ago. So rather than spending money trying to fix a complicated Yamaha engine, it was easier to get another whole car off kijiji for $700, and swap the suspension and brakes in to the "new" car. :p

cheers
Ed N.

impulse byer August 2nd 2010 23:42

Is anyone thinking of go out to TMP soon? Maybe in 2 weeks Friday night?

petevw August 3rd 2010 02:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by impulse byer (Post 77191)
Is anyone thinking of go out to TMP soon? Maybe in 2 weeks Friday night?

Friday the 13th? :eek:

I'm game. let's go! :D