GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Boxer AutoGruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   pshop ghia airdam (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5777)

CLKWRK March 31st 2005 16:01

pshop ghia airdam

1 Attachment(s)
what do you think?

zen March 31st 2005 17:08

i like it alot! what does it look like if you push it further forward to be closer to flush with the bumper? doubt it will look better, but just a thought.

you going to build two? :D

Sandeep March 31st 2005 17:12

Watch out for those speed bumps !! :D

Sandeep

zen March 31st 2005 17:34

lol. i meant to mention that.

i have debated for a while of a way to have a floating air dam kind of like a splitter on stems. except the stems would be moveable like shocks. so as long as the bottom front is shaped right and tough, the whole unit would move up as it scrapes a bump. i have the feeling the design would only work on some cars though and would have to adopt that splitter look instead of an air dam.

Racelook March 31st 2005 18:15

I think that the total hight of the car at front is too high.. ANd I also think that the airscoop is too much laid to the back of the nose.. It wood be nicer if it's more to the front.

Greetings...

Wiebrand

p.s. this are only some personal flavor I wanted to share.. keep up the good work and let us surprise!

CLKWRK March 31st 2005 18:35

Hi,

I was thinking of speed bumps and such, that is why i tried to put the lowest part of the airdam as close to the front wheels as possible. That way when going up ramps there is less chance of scuffing it on the incline.

Stylewise i was trying to mimic the original nostril vents at a much lower location, however the scoops are functional, as i need air for my oil coolers, but i dont want air to go under the car down the center, only to the sides where it can exit through the wheel wells. Plus i can put my lic plate in the center where it won't obstruct air.

I might actually build something like this, but right now its a toss up between this and a duckbill style dam that doesnt restyle the front of the car as much.

Bry

vujade March 31st 2005 18:50

[QUOTE=Racelook]I think that the total hight of the car at front is too high.. ANd I also think that the airscoop is too much laid to the back of the nose.. It wood be nicer if it's more to the front.

QUOTE]

it wouldnt work as well closer to the front... it would have to start much
higher at the height of the bumper in order to continure with the slope
of the nose.

I like it just the way it is and would have loved to have one on both of
my Ghias :) (that reminds me, I havent owned a Ghia in many many years,
maybe I should look into one down the road somewhere :) )

vujade March 31st 2005 18:52

hey Clockwork, can you show us what it would look like with out the
front bumper? I think it might just look pretty good with just the skirt :D

CLKWRK March 31st 2005 18:56

2 Attachment(s)
Heya,
Youre right, it does look better that way
Bry