GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   GL '74 Ghia (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5224)

zen December 11th 2004 19:34

GL '74 Ghia

friend's GL (well, for the most part, PO would never admit it though) Ghia. this car is done right...very right. strong recommendation. just needs wider front wheels and some high back seats, IMO. there are a couple of more pics in the last VKG newsletter you can see too. checkout the detail here.

zen December 12th 2004 11:24

i just realized there is a pic of it in the galleries on here. last page of the "general" section.

zen December 24th 2004 16:10

sold...to me. :D

Scotts73SB December 24th 2004 16:59

shes a beaut Zen congrats!
Whats the official color?
Always loved them KG's gobs of room on that engine compartment! :agree:

vujade December 24th 2004 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by zen
sold...to me. :D

congrats man....I am jealous!!!! :D :eek: :mad:

Panelfantastic December 24th 2004 20:27

Awesome! :cool:

zen December 24th 2004 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotts73SB
shes a beaut Zen congrats!
Whats the official color?
Always loved them KG's gobs of room on that engine compartment! :agree:

thanks guys. i'm very happy. a few things to iron out (seat belts...there are none, front rotors are shot, need a backseat), but overall a GREAT car. i know the PO and PPO pretty well. still need to go back and document all of the stats, but here are a few (color is noted, and the you have to be about 3 feet from the car literally to see the flames, so GL safe in my opinion)...

Early Beetle headlights, early Ghia bumpers, early Ghia taillights. Electron blue with ghost flames. Complete custom interior with Procar seats, Autometer and VDO gauges, 1000-watt stereo, Kenwood head unit and amps, Infinity speakers and subs, original Empi GT wheel, original Porsche Fuchs, 15x5 and 15x7. Engine: 2110cc, Weber 44's, Mofoco 042 heads, Engle 120, Scat 1.25 rockers. Mallory electronic ignition. Transmission: Berg 5-speed, 1st 3.78, 2nd 2.25, 3rd 1.48, 4th 1.19, 5th 0.89, R/P 4.12.

super vw December 24th 2004 20:41

Very nice.... looks like it will be a fun car.

boygenius December 25th 2004 15:05

Congratulations man..... :D :agree:

vujade December 25th 2004 15:45

you out to sell me that berg tranny for my drag car and put a Porsche 5 speed in that thing.... :D

Mikey December 28th 2004 15:45

Sweet Ghia, glad to see you got it. :D

Now I won't be the only one in the club with a Ghia. :laugh:

Carbon Joe January 7th 2005 11:12

Zen,
Any chance you might want some C/F parts for your Ghia?

zen January 7th 2005 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbon Joe
Zen,

that was rhetorical right? :D not sure what and not sure how much money i am going to throw at this car considering the investment already, but you know i can't leave well enough alone. what do you have for Ghias? how about some Kevlar seats. :laugh: i am going to be working on a custom (but tame, one that anyone would like) center console. maybe we can work on something together there too.

i also have another thought about your site i want to run by you.

i want to touch base with you anyway. give me a call when you are free and i will try to do the same. i am just hanging around all weekend as far as i know.

Panelfantastic January 7th 2005 13:10

Joe is so funny! That's like asking if anybody wants to try out Jake's latest engine or maybe volunteer to judge a bikini contest... :laugh:

Kafer_Mike January 7th 2005 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbon Joe
Zen,

What a tease... :D