GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   titanium/CF motorcycle mufflers (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3446)

boygenius December 7th 2003 20:17

titanium/CF motorcycle mufflers

I have seen a couple of beetles with motorcycle mufflers, just so happens that I have two for sale. I have a near new Vance & Hines titanium muffler with mounting bracket and pipe. There are just a few scratches but nothing too noticeable. The other is a carbon fiber Vance & Hines muffler with all mounting harware. The second muffler is a little rough looking. If anyone is interested I can get some pics and post them. Any reasonable offer will be considered.

Panelfantastic December 8th 2003 09:59

I'm thinkin' bout using a pair myself for my bus but like the style of the D&D tips. If I run across someone else looking for V&H, I'll let them know.

Rob December 8th 2003 10:01

Boygenius,

Can you post a couple pics of the mufflers ?
Especially the C/F one.

any ideas how much you want for it ?

Rob.

boygenius December 8th 2003 12:40

I will need to borrow my friends digital camera. When you see their condition make me a reasonable offer. Please give me a few days to get the pictures up-loaded.

boygenius December 10th 2003 21:18

I took some pictures tonight and should hopefully have them up by tommorrow night.;)

boygenius December 12th 2003 02:54

1 Attachment(s)
Carbon fiber.

boygenius December 12th 2003 02:56

1 Attachment(s)
Another carbon fiber pic.

boygenius December 12th 2003 03:04

1 Attachment(s)
Titanium pics.
It has a few light scratches.

boygenius December 12th 2003 03:08

1 Attachment(s)
More titanium pics.

boygenius December 12th 2003 03:10

1 Attachment(s)
One more pic.

boygenius December 12th 2003 03:21

Quote:

Originally posted by Rob
Boygenius,

Can you post a couple pics of the mufflers ?
Especially the C/F one.

any ideas how much you want for it ?

Rob.

I want $75 for each muffler.
The carbon fiber muffler comes with the stock motorcycle header if you want it, or at least the flange.
The titanium muffler comes with a short 18" header pipe and mounting hardware. Their weights are 4 lbs for the titanium and 6 lbs for the carbon fiber muffler. Feel free to ask me more questions, either on this post or via PM or e-mail.:D

Rob December 13th 2003 15:54

I like the C/F one.....adds to the rice factor :D :D

But I'm kinda worried if it will be too restrictive for a 2.5L engine.....

Any thoughts ?

Rob.

boygenius December 13th 2003 19:22

The CF one has a 1-1/4" diameter baffle and the Ti muffler has a 1-7/8"`baffle. As to wether or not that will flow enough air, I don't know for sure.

boygenius December 22nd 2003 20:03

Quote:

Originally posted by boygenius
I want $75 for each muffler.
The carbon fiber muffler comes with the stock motorcycle header if you want it, or at least the flange.
The titanium muffler comes with a short 18" header pipe and mounting hardware. Their weights are 4 lbs for the titanium and 6 lbs for the carbon fiber muffler. Feel free to ask me more questions, either on this post or via PM or e-mail.:D

If anybody wants these or one of them make me an offer or they are going on ebay. :D

Lets make a deal.;)

jmillheiser January 4th 2004 02:41

if they haven't been e-bayed yet i am interested in the Ti muffler.

any clue if it will flow enough for a non-stock type1 engine