GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Great Dyno Day/Silver Dollar Weekend (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7224)

NO_H2O March 13th 2006 11:15

Great Dyno Day/Silver Dollar Weekend

What a great weekend. Almost everything came off perfect. The Dyno Day was a blast, the Raffle and 50/50 brought us some funds for the club and some of our club stuff to give out didn't make it to the show, we still had some good stuff to give out (thanks to Jake, Herrel's Bug Parts, SEVWA and Kathy). The weather was fantstic, Nigel was sporting some very nice leather sport seats in his car keeping his list of upgrades moving along. Almost everyone coming from out-of-town made it in and it was great to see all of us Greman Look folks together. Thanks to Tony, Pete and Bill K for making the trip. The event T-shirt's and awards had a nice German Looker (who's car was that ;) ) pictured on them and for the second event in a row, Dean from Hot VW's did a photo shoot of a nice German Look car for an upcoming feature (proud to say it was my car :eek: :cool: ).
Joel and I put the CIS Type 4 power to the test in his bus by towing my Black car to and from the event with no problems. We stayed off the interstate and took the hilly state hwy's and it did very well staying 50-55 mph on the way down to Reynolds and 60-65 on the way home. The bus liked the 60 to 65 pace much better and seemed to pull the hills better wit ha bit of a running start and the temps were lower with a bit more RPM. I don't like towing my car but doing it with an all aircooled combo was great.
With few exeptions the weekend was flawless and our GL's were representing our club well. Big thanks to Kathy, Jake, Lindy at Herrell's, the SEVWA, the BK and all of us in the VKG and the German Look community who came from far and wide to pitch in and make this a great event. :agree:

Lazarus March 13th 2006 11:31

I was gonna post a congrats to NoH2O but you beat me to it. great weekend lots of fun congrats to dave and see everyone next time. :agree:

massIVe 79 vert March 13th 2006 13:42

We had a great time at Dyno Day too. Sorry we missed all the fun at the track Sunday though. You'll have to post some pics for those of us that missed the action.

HUGE Congrats to Dave for the Hot VW's photo shoot....it is well deserved and long overdue. Looks like the German Look is catching on over on the left coast too! :D

NO_H2O March 13th 2006 17:52

Tony,,, I need a pic of the convoy going to the ttrack with the all aircooled tow set up leading the way. :D

wrenchnride247 March 13th 2006 23:02

Dave, Congrats on the photo shoot with Dean! I enjoyed finally meeting some of the VKG crew. Your SB is one slick GL!

NO_H2O March 14th 2006 00:22

Thanks. Hope you had a good time with us and come out again sometime.

Lazarus March 14th 2006 21:17

here you are dave sorry it took so long

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...1.jpg~original

NO_H2O March 14th 2006 23:17

Now that is hardcore aircooled. :agree:

wrenchnride247 March 15th 2006 00:50

1 Attachment(s)
I got a pic of Zen's ride on the dyno. That dyno operator was alittle nervous about dropping the hammer!

southeastvw March 15th 2006 09:43

Glad you all had a good time and we look forward to doing this again.
It was a pleasure to walk up to Dave in the stands saturday night and tell him the news about his photo shoot the next morning! :eek: Should have seen his face! :o
I am working on getting some pages set up on the website with all the action from the weekend.

NO_H2O March 15th 2006 13:07

Thanks for all the hard work Kathy. After hae Smack on the road for 4 years, I had given up on HVW shooting it. If I had known it was going to be shot I would have had her detailed to the max. I'm just happy to have a chance to see it in print. Thanks again :D

yellow73 March 15th 2006 23:53

Dave,
Congratulations you car looks great and deserves to be shot and you deserve it for always offering to help others out with their cars and motivating us to git-er-done!!!!

The Dyno day was a lot of fun and it was good to catch up and see friends for my first event of the season, thanks to all who help organize and support it.

wrenchnride247 March 16th 2006 00:04

1 Attachment(s)
Dave, here's a pic of your "smack black GL" at the BKC Dyno Day. I guess you will see lots of pics when your ride hits the mag!

Bill K. March 19th 2006 02:38

That was a great time guys! It was nice to meet you and see your cars in person. Well done event :D I returned to the convention center smelling of exhaust and blubbering about dubs. Thanks :cool:

Until next time,
Bill

NO_H2O March 19th 2006 09:39

Sorry for the delay. I was out of town for a death in the family.
Thanks for the cool pic Wrench. It was good to meet you and see Bill K again. You guys miss a great Drag Day event but I know how work has to come first.