GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Project Builds (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Mythbuster: continuing project thread of my 1303 '75 (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9953)

effvee March 27th 2015 08:54

Walter, inside the head, the intake; what do you use to produce that texture? I understand it's for air fuel atomization. Every time I tried to ruff up the intakes, I could never get that result:o

70Turbobug March 28th 2015 12:19

The best surface after porting is to sandblast the port.

Wally April 25th 2015 11:18

Only just saw your post...

Quote:

Originally Posted by effvee (Post 89165)
Walter, inside the head, the intake; what do you use to produce that texture? I understand it's for air fuel atomization. Every time I tried to ruff up the intakes, I could never get that result:o

For the record: I did not port or machine or do anything to these heads. All work was done by Jakob Spring from Danmark. I mentioned his website before iirc.

My best guess however is that he used a rolled sandpaper bit in a drill or dremel to finalize smoothing of the port, which also gave it that structure.

Wally May 31st 2015 09:40

Finally found one (1, so it was cheap) front left caliper and was sooo curieus if it would fit the 350mm disks...

It did! :D

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...g.jpg~original

Wally July 17th 2016 03:54

I see I need to update a bit here :)

Finally got the cylinders machined to fit the heads. I kept wall thickness as big as possible and ended up with almost 9mm wall in the 98mm bore!

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...2.jpg~original

First trial fit with heads and cylinders test-assembled:
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...h.jpg~original

70Turbobug July 17th 2016 10:14

Looks fantastic!

effvee July 18th 2016 05:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wally (Post 90366)
I see I need to update a bit here :)

Finally got the cylinders machined to fit the heads. I kept wall thickness as big as possible and ended up with almost 9mm wall in the 98mm bore!

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...2.jpg~original

First trial fit with heads and cylinders test-assembled:
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...h.jpg~original

Wow,it look fast.

cookvw July 19th 2016 13:49

looking awesome as always wally!

chug_A_bug July 29th 2016 21:45

Very nice.. can't wait to see it all built..

Wally August 13th 2016 12:58

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...1.jpg~original

The (Pauter) rods and straight cam timing gear are ordered, so I should have all parts for the long block in a month or so :)

effvee August 13th 2016 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wally (Post 90401)
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...1.jpg~original

The (Pauter) rods and straight cam timing gear are ordered, so I should have all parts for the long block in a month or so :)

Wow, didn't know, they allowed porn on this site :D. Very nicely done.

Bad bug August 13th 2016 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wally (Post 89297)
Finally found one (1, so it was cheap) front left caliper and was sooo curieus if it would fit the 350mm disks...

It did! :D

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...g.jpg~original

Walter is that a carbon disk rotor you have there, may i ask which hat are you using with the disk.

Bad bug August 13th 2016 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wally (Post 90401)
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...1.jpg~original

The (Pauter) rods and straight cam timing gear are ordered, so I should have all parts for the long block in a month or so :)

Walter is this a ortech shroud.

Wally August 13th 2016 16:06

Yes, its an Orratech system. It wasn;t designed for type 1 exhaust port heads though, but thats easy.

The disk hat is original Porsche, but off-set is a few mm short.., so it doesn't work/fit at the moment and I need to adress that issue as well before I can drive again.
The off-set problem is not as simple as it sounds to be though.

On the positive side, I did find the other caliper!

cookvw August 17th 2016 10:05

looking awesome wally. cant wait to see this motor running and see what it will put out for power.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 18:08.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
www.GermanLook.net 2002-2017. All Rights Reserved