GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Project Builds (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   My dream "1303 kafer" (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10389)

TSAF January 22nd 2010 08:08

My dream "1303 kafer"

5 Attachment(s)
Hey from Athens GREECE. I have been away from this forum for more than 3 years now. Anyway I am glad that the forum is active again. My 1975 - 1303s German Look project is close to finish. I have been building this car for the past 5 years now and it has cost me a small fortune but I do not mind because it has been my dream since I can remember myself. The idea started as a classic German Looker with a stock type IV crankshaft and 103 barrels and pistons = 2.4. I bought all the necessary parts from various suppliers and brought them to Greece. Then suddenly it hit me. I changed the plan and decided to do something bigger, more impressive, so I ordered a Pauter 82mm billet crank, new modified / ported cylinder heads with titanium valves – the works from Germany, changed my Schleicher cam for a custom Pauter, bought a dry sump, sold my 48 carbs for 50’s throttle bodies, bought an ECU, placed 6 piston brakes from a 996 GT2, sold my 993 Porsche leather seats for Recaro light carbon bucket seats, bought carbon bumbers & running boards, bought Stack instruments, KW coilovers and a lot more that it will take for ever to list. Finally we started assembling the motor. The car hopefully will be ready in a couple of months. I will keep you posted with the progress.

TSAF January 22nd 2010 08:09

5 Attachment(s)
+ a few more

vdubzack January 22nd 2010 08:14

Loooking goood!!

Wally January 22nd 2010 08:18

Love the work so far, but the pics are kinda small...anyway possible to post them through a link on a photo-provider like photobucket?

Who did your heads? and what exhaust system will you use?

TSAF January 22nd 2010 08:26

Sorry about that but the pics are all from my BlackBerry and have been minimized for obvious reasons. The heads are from Udo Becker-Germany and the exhaust I will use will be either from Udo, Remmelle or GWD. We have not decided yet. I was thinking for a Hewland or even a Holinger sequential tranny but the cost is extremely high so I decided to stick with my beefed up dogleg 901.

Xellex January 22nd 2010 11:29

wow, awesome project. we need more pics! From the looks of it, you're missing your rear brake pads :p

volkdent January 22nd 2010 12:59

Great project. The brakes are really overkill but I love it. Kinda surprised the Cup 1s fit over those! Keep up the awesome work.

Jason

dub_crazee January 24th 2010 09:24

this looks like a very interesting build :)

Jim January 24th 2010 12:51

Great build and these pauter goodies are promise ++++hp!!

NO_H2O January 24th 2010 16:10

Welcome back. That is one nice project. The brakes are over the top. Keep the updates coming.

wrenchnride247 January 24th 2010 22:02

Great project! I thought four piston calipers were overkill :eek::D

bow January 25th 2010 00:01

1 Attachment(s)
you stole my car!

TSAF January 25th 2010 04:25

Actually you stole mine. Anyway today I am expecting my "ATL racing fuel cell". The original has been given to a friend of mine and the ATL will take its place with the dry sump right next to it.

petevw February 1st 2010 08:26

Cool build.

I see lots of bugs in the backround. Is this a shop in Athens?

Tell us a little more about the scene in Greece.

Pete

TSAF February 1st 2010 09:03

4 Attachment(s)
There are a couple of quality sedans and convertible German lookers/powered type iv in Athens. For example the attached orange car belongs to a very good friend of mine who happens to by my mechanic as well. Its a high spec American 1303 with lots and lots of expensive - high performance parts. Take a good look at the steering wheel and let me know what you think.