GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Project Builds (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Oval GL coming together (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6625)

zen December 22nd 2005 10:58

looking really good. keep them coming.

tommi_nylund December 24th 2005 08:03

Oval with elephant foot rear lights, latest rear apron and latest engine lid....... Oh god....

Even though your car is oval with 'different' style (and everything you can´t see outside is also made with extreme care) and no matter how much I´ve look those pictures I still can´t like it.

But I think here are people who love your car even I dont! :agree: :cool:

oasis December 25th 2005 03:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommi_nylund
But I think here are people who love your car even I dont!

I like it. A lot. It pulls (or is it pools?) a lot of seemingly conflicting styles together very nicely.

nbturbo December 25th 2005 05:05

1 Attachment(s)
Fitted the fronts as well-will wire everything up-then lift it onto the pan.

nbturbo January 12th 2006 01:34

4 Attachment(s)
Put the body back on the pan yesterday.Got away with using a felt sling thru the door openings and and it balanced really good.With all the cutting and welding I did to fit the auto,and only using an old body section for a guide,I had the rear of the motor 15mm too low and 6mm offset to the right.Can easily modify the mounts I made that bolt up to bellhousing to correct this.I am really happy with how it all fits and looks.

oasis January 12th 2006 04:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbturbo
Put the body back on the pan yesterday...I am really happy with how it all fits and looks.

Gee, I guess so! ;) Fantastic! :agree:

Tony Z January 13th 2006 09:37

all I can say is "WOW"

choconito January 13th 2006 20:01

Very Good Job

Please tell me what is the color code of the yellow,
I have a Bug 1600 F.I. (Fuel Injection) from México and your color bug is perfect for my project.

Thanks, and sorry for my english.

Viva México Ca.....balleros.

brent January 13th 2006 20:30

Like ovals very nice sir! Brent.

nbturbo January 13th 2006 21:00

the colour is Double Yellow-the same as my 02 NB Beetle in the Avatar.I am doing the Oval to have some features like the NB-same colour inside as well with the grey trims and black leather seats and have found 17inch wheels that look similar.

nbturbo January 13th 2006 21:18

4 Attachment(s)
When I did the inside,I found a Velour fabric the same colour as the NB,but it looks very similar to the original Oval fabric.I have fitted 2 interior lights from an NB as well as the passenger grab handle and the sunglasses holder.When I fitted the sound system,the only place I could get the small speakers was up in the headlining-so I made some aluminium brackets that screwed to the sunroof brackets under the trim, and just have to push the speakers into the holes.

nbturbo January 22nd 2006 21:10

2 Attachment(s)
Got the handbrake finished-had to make some extension tubes to lengthen the original tubes in the pan-I had to reposition these when I modified the pan for the auto,and didn't know how long they would need to be-I was too short by 85mm-all works OK now.Finally finished the auto dip stick tube.I took ages to decide where to actually make it fit-decided to bring it into the engine bay.Had to make it 100mm longer to get it in and at the correct angle.Shortened a dipstick from an auto Kombi and scribed new level marks.Have made the dipstick an airtight fit in the tube to prevent any fluid being blown into the engine bay-will weld an 8mm tube high up on the outer tube and fit a filter and drain pipe to vent any fluid out behind the LH back wheel.Now it's back on the ground,I think I will lift the back one spline,then align the rear wheels.I have all the VW tools to line up the back wheels.

LLVWGL January 23rd 2006 03:12

the workmanship on that car is top notch!!!

It is a love it/hate it type of look, but i think you achieved your goal perfectly.

oasis January 23rd 2006 12:55

Thanks for the continuing updates. I find it really fascinating. It makes me ready for my next GL project (if I live long enough). :)

nbturbo March 4th 2006 06:55

3 Attachment(s)
I entered 4 of my cars in a local 'Car Show' last weekend.Have been waiting to get my 2 yellow VW's together for a long time.Put my Ford ute in as well-they had a 'Family catagory'.