GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   German Look Tuning (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Contacting Remelle?? (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10359)

vdubfund January 11th 2010 19:57

Contacting Remelle??

Hey To All,
Am trying to get a hold of Remelle. Does anyone know the best way to contact them? Have emailed twice with no reply.
I am located in Osaka, Japan and wanting to start a build here soon.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Dean

wrenchnride247 January 11th 2010 22:45

Try calling him, but his history on this site is not very good for people not in Germany.

SilverBullet January 13th 2010 02:19

I've dealt with Remelle before, I have been there and met Eddie and Beate, they are nice people but they are usually quite slow on their emails, you can try calling them. Busy people also! Cheers.

zen January 13th 2010 12:20

Do some searches on here and other places to educate yourself on them and their customer service before committing $'s. Not pushing judgement since I have never interacted with them. Just suggesting you do some homework as with anyone you choose to spend large $'s on.

dub_crazee January 13th 2010 16:19

ive had a similar thing with GWD - emailed twice but never had a reply - im after a gearbox yoke from them!

Xellex January 14th 2010 11:26

I can't get in touch with GWD either.... must be something wrong with their e-mail

70Turbobug January 17th 2010 06:49

The best way to get a hold of Remmele is by fax and email.Be patient,they are very busy.They will be opening an online shop soon which will make things easier for everyone.I deal with them regularly and have never had any issues.Unfortunately, it is common in the acvw community that you have to wait longer than expected for your parts.It doesnīt matter who you go to in that regard.The question you should ask yourself is who sells the best quality? Another thing to consider is,many parts are becoming harder to get and to resource.Main Bearings for the type 4 for example.

petevw February 1st 2010 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdubfund (Post 73308)
Hey To All,
Am trying to get a hold of Remelle. Does anyone know the best way to contact them? Have emailed twice with no reply.

Cheers
Dean

From all the bad stories i've heard with people trying to get parts, i'd make the trip out to visit him. I've been to his shop, and he has lots of parts in stock. I'd buy his stuff in person.

Pete

70Turbobug February 1st 2010 10:52

If you have the opportunity,that is the best way and he does take time for walk in customers.Thatīs how I bought all my parts from him.I would send a fax though before hand if you are making a long trip.Sometimes he is gone 2 or 3 times per week for tuning engines on the dyno which is not at his shop.

vdubzack February 1st 2010 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdubfund (Post 73308)
Hey To All,

Cheers
Dean

Since your in Japan you should check out this guy.
http://www.ne.jp/asahi/jeffreys/vw/

Simon February 1st 2010 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by zen (Post 73346)
Do some searches on here and other places to educate yourself on them and their customer service before committing $'s. Not pushing judgement since I have never interacted with them. Just suggesting you do some homework as with anyone you choose to spend large $'s on.

Please take his advice!
I bought something, it wasn't as promised and I haven't been able to contact them since. Wasted a lot of $ on it, if I ever go near them I'll take everything with me and hope to get at least some money back...

Arnoud February 1st 2010 12:58

Their website is inactive for a few days now and was for sale yesterday:confused:

I wonder what's going on down there.

70Turbobug February 1st 2010 13:51

The website is down currently and is beeing redone including an online shop.I knew it was going to happen,just didnīt know when.

Arnoud February 1st 2010 14:56

That's not a smart move-he could just put up a message saying:site under construction.He doesn't have the reputation of being easy to contact(tried it-no reaction)-I wonder how they will manage a webshop if they can't even respond to an e-mail?:confused:

MX67 February 2nd 2010 06:11

Hey 70Turbobug, do You have the adress?

I would really like to visit Remelle and see that workshop. I'm planning to go to Germany/Koeln in about 5 months :)