GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Lodging confirmation (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4254)

zen May 2nd 2004 13:00

Lodging confirmation

need confirmation on who is interested in staying the night in Helen so i can decide if i should try to arrange a hosting hotel for us. not sure how good i can do, but am willing to try. it would be your basic Days Inn or something. shooting for $30-$50 a night.

although i only live 55 miles from there, i am putting in a vote for a room because i would like to be able to hangout there late as a club and not have to drive home.

boygenius May 2nd 2004 13:37

I'm in for the hotel. I'm 99.99999% sure that I can go but I still don't know how I'm going to get there. I will either rent a car because I don't trust my daily driver or I will buy a used sport bike and haul some a$$ up 75 to Georgia. :D I can make it in 5 hours. :eek:

vujade May 3rd 2004 13:59

Ill be going by myself or possibly with my brother.

jhelgesen May 4th 2004 10:56

I'd need a room, but haven't confirmed I can make the trip yet.

Panelfantastic May 4th 2004 19:12

Ditto on the room but ditto on the non-confirmed trip :(

zen May 5th 2004 17:49

let me know as soon as you can confirm. i may just try to get something for 6 rooms or so. it will be this weekend though. slammed right now (stupid virus writers).

Mikey 1972GL May 5th 2004 23:24

If it wouldn't be tooo much trouble, would you kindly put me down for a room. I've slept in my vw before, but since I have the money now :laugh: I'd like a room.

Thanks,
Mike

zen May 6th 2004 08:05

i won't be reserving rooms. i am just going to see if i can get us a block rate. once i do, i will let everyone know the price and you will need to make your own reservation. i will probably hunt a place down this weekend.

zen May 10th 2004 23:08

i've only had the chance to make one call so far. days inn...$75 is the best deal they could give us due to it being a saturday night or so they claim. :eek: ouch. will be making some more phone calls.

boygenius May 24th 2004 00:46

Any luck with the hotel situation yet...

I might have to bail because of some things that may come up. I don't know but I'm 50% sure I'm still going...

jhelgesen May 28th 2004 15:21

Any new word on hotel rooms yet?

The family and I will need a place to crash Friday night too, anything near the show?

Mikey 1972GL May 28th 2004 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhelgesen
Any new word on hotel rooms yet?

The family and I will need a place to crash Friday night too, anything near the show?

I'll need a place to sleep too on Friday night, and something by the show would be nice. :)

Mike

NO_H2O May 28th 2004 21:37

I live on the south side of town and don't know much about that area. Zen might know more about the area.
Try the show website for some info.
http://atlantavw.freeservers.com/hea...xie/index.html

Mikey 1972GL May 31st 2004 18:15

News

Any news about the beds? I was just wondering since it's getting kinda close. And it will be here before you know it.

Mike

zen May 31st 2004 18:19

sorry, i have been out of town. i would recommend the same as Dave for Friday night. take advantage of the rate John negociated and that will be close to the show. as for saturday, i have not been able to do any better on rates thus far. here is what i have...$79 for the night or $67.50 if you are a AAA member. before i confirm anything with the hotel, is anyone going to be in for that? i was hoping to do better, but anything in Helen tends to be pretty steep. the only other alternative i can think of is maybe seeing if the HoD hotel being used Friday will extend the offer for Saturday.

one other thought is to get a hotel in cleveland which is about 5 miles from Helen and the rates drop to around $50-$60. too far to stumble back from the German bars though.

thoughts?