GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Boxer AutoGruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   August 22 VW cruise to Port Dover (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10138)

TunedPerfection August 10th 2009 21:37

August 22 VW cruise to Port Dover

I am organizing a cruise out to Port Dover on Saturday August 22. I have done a fall cruise for the last 3 years, and would like to add a summer cruise this year. I tried to find a weekend without any big VW shows, and I think the 22nd is pretty clear. I still need to run the route, that will be done this Thursday (13th), but it is a route that was already run by the Aston Martin club in May of 2008. I need to know who is interested in coming and where you are coming from so I can figure out a meeting point or 2. The cruise will take about 1.5hrs starting from the area of the Hamilton Airport in Mount Hope. After a short jont on Hwy 6, it is mostly backroads. We will get to Dover around lunch, hang for an hour or so, then head back a different route.
Let me know if you are interested.:D

petevw August 11th 2009 21:25

Never been to Port Dover.............. i'm in.

TunedPerfection August 12th 2009 01:24

I knew I could count on you Pete. We may be bringing Alexandra for her first VW cruise.....

Sandeep August 12th 2009 10:25

Sounds like fun, but I'm in a golf tournament that weekend. :eek:

Sandeep

fast Ed August 12th 2009 11:08

Greg, that sounds like a nice cruise, I'd be interested.

cheers
Ed N.

chug_A_bug August 12th 2009 14:51

Hope to have my car going by then too... and the next day is My track day have about 30-40
cars and John from john's bugshop is bring his race car too. hope to See everyone at both Gigs ;)

bluebonnet August 13th 2009 00:15

Sounds great Greg but I am working.

chug_A_bug August 13th 2009 11:43

thats why they make "Sick days" lol

TunedPerfection August 13th 2009 20:52

Did a dry run of the route today. Unlike my fall cruises, this one is about 2 hours long, and includes a lot of 80 km/h zones until we get to Lake Erie. Then it's a 50 zone along the lake, basically until we get into Dover. Port Dover was jumpin today, lots of lovely ladies walking around in bikinis :eek: Should be good next Saturday!

CLKWRK August 13th 2009 22:39

Gonna skip out on this one, I need to make progress on my ghia project

fast Ed August 21st 2009 16:28

If anyone coming out has a good used voltage regulator that would be suitable for my 67 12V Beetle with generator, that they could part with, please bring it along!!

thanks,
Ed N.

chug_A_bug August 21st 2009 19:31

I should be making it... Alex Got my car Running Sweet now just abit of wiring problem, trying to Sort that out the rest of the night just took a Brake HAHA meet you guy at the #6 Bypass about 10:15ish :)
NOT looking Promising with the bug :(

Chris.

petevw August 23rd 2009 00:38

How was it? I'm sick feeling like crap, so i didn't go.

TunedPerfection August 24th 2009 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by petevw (Post 71016)
How was it? I'm sick feeling like crap, so i didn't go.

A grand total of 4 cars were on the cruise. Off of this forum, thanks Ed for coming out in the only aircooled to make the trip. I drove the Jetta, Lee brought the 'Rocco and Bob and Nancy came out in their Westy. Hit some rain, nothing major. Missed all the downpours. I'd like to do it next year, maybe more people will show up.

On another note, who is up for the fall cruise?????? End of September, maybe the 27th.

big daddy August 25th 2009 17:30

Sorry Greg I tried my best as you know to sort out my engine miseries but I was not successful, I am done for this year( didn't even start ). I am gonna take my time and sort out my engine problem. Next year I wont miss it I promise ( fingers cross ), Ed's a trooper he hit's all the cruises were all gotta have to keep up.

I am up for the fall cruise in the bug but I'll be taking the TDI because my motor is now out and the car is stored for the winter.