GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Silver Dollar Showdown Help Needed (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8311)

southeastvw March 6th 2007 22:17

Hey guys!
Still could use a few more folks to help.
Dave and wrenchride is going to be in charge of the show car parking in the morning. I need a few judges too.
Hope some of you can make it out. Looks like it is going to be another good event!

NO_H2O March 8th 2007 01:19

Anyone else going? Step right up.
Wrench, his crew and I will be watching the old school cars run Sat. night, having a couple cold brews and camping. I have the audio system done in the bus ao we will have to see how many tunes can be played before the aux. battery runs out. 3 massive amps (1360 watts total), 2 ea. 12 inch subs and 8 ea. full range speakers. I think I could heat up my breakfast in the bus with that system.:eek: :laugh: :agree:

OldeFahrt March 8th 2007 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by OVERSPRAY (Post 56886)
:agree: I don't see why not! .... if your going to have room for trailer parking.....:laugh:

WOW! Ya'll pull camping trailers with your aircooleds? Bigger balls than me. Those north Georgia hills can be quite nervy with a load.

wrenchnride247 March 8th 2007 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldeFahrt (Post 57678)
WOW! Ya'll pull camping trailers with your aircooleds? Bigger balls than me. Those north Georgia hills can be quite nervy with a load.

No. He means room for the trailers thier (BK) aircooled's ride on, pulled by water pumpers...

I guess if I had a car as clean as theirs I would be careful were I drive it too, but I like to build them to drive and drive and drive...

OldeFahrt March 8th 2007 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrenchnride247 (Post 57685)
No. He means room for the trailers thier (BK) aircooled's ride on, pulled by water pumpers...

I guess if I had a car as clean as theirs I would be careful were I drive it too, but I like to build them to drive and drive and drive...

I'm in the wrong place. You guys are too rich for me.;) I once rode my bike to Trailer Week in Daytona. What a display.

wrenchnride247 March 8th 2007 12:24

Oh yeah, Jake and NO_H20 pull aircooled with aircooled with no problems... (MassIVe T4 power of course)

NO_H2O March 8th 2007 20:39

you got that right. No radiators here.:agree:

johnnyvee March 8th 2007 21:19

I be going to the show but my car is really dirty, and I forget to register for the show sunday. so, I guess we will see what happens

wrenchnride247 March 8th 2007 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyvee (Post 57706)
I be going to the show but my car is really dirty, and I forget to register for the show sunday. so, I guess we will see what happens

Run it through a car wash when you get there, and register Sunday morning. Then, NO_H20, or Me can tell you were to go :laugh: (to park your ride for car show that is)

zen March 9th 2007 12:13

sorry guys. i doubt i am making this one. i still have many small things to do and many bigger ones i would like to get done. work has been getting in the way. i am aiming to be at the GT show at the end of the month though. hopefully some of you can make that one as well. still a chance i will come down Sunday, but doubtful.

Lazarus March 9th 2007 12:30

sorry guys and girls im sittin this one out. Laz is simply not ready for show season yet. maybe i will make farmington or the rock. i will certianly make BAP in april. that will be my own little b-day present for myself.see everyone there. btw dave i got an e-mail from someone the other day who said he was coming to reynolds and wanted to pick my brain i told him i was not going but you would be there. his/her (guy with a girl name) name is ashley if you happen to meet them once again tell them sorry for the lack of GL presence but tell them about BAP. looks like we may have a showing there.

wrenchnride247 March 12th 2007 11:55

Had a great time at the race. Sorry everyone missed it. Dave and myself were kinda busy though (running car show sign-up and parking) to enjoy most of the day. Still, I had a great time (telling people were to go! :laugh: ) Jake showed up and camped out. He drove the PINZ! That thing draws a crowd everywhere it goes!

Massive Type IV March 12th 2007 16:42

Yep.. the element of suprise is always a good weapon :-) Next year they'll all know why I was there, it wasn't for the good times alone...

Nice seeing you and the family, wrenchnride!

Lazarus March 12th 2007 17:11

dooin a little recon work were you jake? sending out some feelers.what ever military term you like.btw jake what is the next event you will be at? i may be about ready to "flick my bic" and i need to talk at you about "this and that" you know "tings"

southeastvw March 12th 2007 17:47

I would personally like to thank Dave and Danny for their help in the show area. Good thing Dave you mentioned to me about what you thought would help me out. Cause it really did! That really helped me out a bunch! Going to have to take actions to do that more often! ;)
Jake, what the HELL are you planning????? I hate it when you do that! :rolleyes:

Man, that day was a whole big BLURR. I was so busy.