GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   Project Builds (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   310hp/V8 4.2l 32v in my 1976 Bug (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6197)

volkdent October 22nd 2005 15:03

OK, here's the front caliper. This thing is huge. It is over 10" tall. The rotors are 14". CRAZY! I'm still working on shipping, sorry Hugo. There is a bunch of paperwork to do and I hate paperwork, but I'll get there.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/234004.jpg

Panelfantastic October 22nd 2005 17:33

The disc doesn't look like it has a lot of braking area/surface. Almost looks like a motorcyle disc.

Jeff-

volkdent October 23rd 2005 00:32

You know, I think that is the rear rotor. I don't think I unpacked the front rotors, but they were in the same size box and had the same diameter. I'm guessing they are going with the fact that more braking torque can be applied the farther you get from the center of rotation. The rear caliper is much smaller, so that is probably the rotor for them. Whatever the case, Hugo's going to have some serious braking.

Jason

Panelfantastic October 23rd 2005 18:38

What are these from? Did they include hats or is he using an exsisting hat?
I know, I know, a lot of nosey questions... it's cool stuff and I like hearin' the whole story about how folks choose this over that.
Seems there was a thread not to long ago where a member bought huge brakes and caught a little heat about too much being just too much... :confused:

Jeff-

volkdent October 23rd 2005 22:04

You'll have to ask Hugo about his choices. To Hugo's credit, he will have a mid-engined V8 in his, it's going to be a lot heavier than 'boarders.

Jason

Panelfantastic October 23rd 2005 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panelfantastic

If I had gone back an looked at the early pics, I would have seen the hats... :rolleyes:
It's gonna be an awesome setup!

hugovw1976 October 24th 2005 20:06

Thanks for all. And sorry, I saw this message after I send you the mp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkdent
OK, here's the front caliper. This thing is huge. It is over 10" tall. The rotors are 14". CRAZY! I'm still working on shipping, sorry Hugo. There is a bunch of paperwork to do and I hate paperwork, but I'll get there.

hugovw1976 October 24th 2005 20:25

Yes, maybe are to big, but the car will have a V8, and the real reason are the look, I want an aggressive look because I plan to show the car in expositions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panelfantastic
I know, I know, a lot of nosey questions... it's cool stuff and I like hearin' the whole story about how folks choose this over that.
Seems there was a thread not to long ago where a member bought huge brakes and caught a little heat about too much being just too much... :confused:

Jeff-

BigPhattyVW October 28th 2005 23:44

WOW :eek:

Wait a minute, .... yeah .... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Your going to have every VW magazine knocking at your door as soon as this is done!!! My question is did you do any modification to the stock vw suspension to mount those awesome 19" wheels. I saw earlier that you have wider fenders. Did you have to narrow the beam at all?

Thanks
Clint

hugovw1976 November 3rd 2005 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigPhattyVW
WOW :eek:

Wait a minute, .... yeah .... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Your going to have every VW magazine knocking at your door as soon as this is done!!! My question is did you do any modification to the stock vw suspension to mount those awesome 19" wheels. I saw earlier that you have wider fenders. Did you have to narrow the beam at all?

Thanks
Clint

The front beam it's the originall, but I limit the turn about 1/4 of turn.

BigPhattyVW November 4th 2005 11:22

Thanks for the info!!!

coffinator November 8th 2005 22:34

Hugo, Where did you get your widened fenders from? U.S. or in Mexico? If in the U.S. Where in the U.S? And are they fiberglass or metal?

mike

hugovw1976 November 10th 2005 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffinator
Hugo, Where did you get your widened fenders from? U.S. or in Mexico? If in the U.S. Where in the U.S? And are they fiberglass or metal?

mike

Are made in foberglass.
Check this link:Fenders

volkdent December 27th 2005 02:09

Any new pics Hugo? Got those brakes on yet?

Jason

Panelfantastic December 27th 2005 07:47

More pics! More pics! More pics! :D

Jeff-