GermanLook Forums

GermanLook Forums (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/index.php)
-   German Look Tuning (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Not Just My Tag... (https://www.germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7634)

volkdent June 22nd 2006 03:50

Not Just My Tag...

So its true, this GL obsession keeps me up. It's 12:48am on a work night!!! So what does a hardcore GLer do? I bought me some personalized plates!

Look for UBR DUB on the highways next year!!!

Jason

:o :laugh: :eek: :sleep:

speedy July 6th 2006 18:31

nice, :D :D lol so will the bug be on the road for next year , i am in usa and canada for 4 months next year and would not mind seeing it in real time
cheers jon

zen July 6th 2006 19:41

you are a sick man Jason. :D

volkdent July 6th 2006 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy
nice, :D :D lol so will the bug be on the road for next year , i am in usa and canada for 4 months next year and would not mind seeing it in real time
cheers jon

You're welcome any time. I've got an extra bedroom and they say Sonoma County is a good place to go to, that is if you like wine and beautiful scenery...and Infineon Raceway... and redwoods.... and San Fran is about an hour south, so yeah, I think you might enjoy the stray up this way.

Jason

MikeVW July 6th 2006 23:37

Jason,

What is still on the "to do" list on the bug? You said the shift linkage is a little stiff from side to side since you are using a Boxter shifter. I am putting a Honda Prelude motor and trans in the back of mine and I think the stock shifter will shift okay with the lines running straight back to the trans. unless my minds eye is way off. I forgot to thank you for the part numbers on the bushings for the control arms!

Mike

volkdent July 7th 2006 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeVW
Jason,

What is still on the "to do" list on the bug? You said the shift linkage is a little stiff from side to side since you are using a Boxter shifter. I am putting a Honda Prelude motor and trans in the back of mine and I think the stock shifter will shift okay with the lines running straight back to the trans. unless my minds eye is way off. I forgot to thank you for the part numbers on the bushings for the control arms!

Mike

The "short" to-do list reads as follows:

Install calipers and rotors from Lanner then plumb and bleed brake lines.

plumb fuel lines using MkIV VW quick connect ends

Install 034 EFI including cooing fan control

Re-install shift linkage and monkey with it.

Start it up!

Spend the next 5 years sorting out all the kinks.

The problem with the linkage is that it's backwards, so unless you've figured that out, it's kinda a pain. That's why I used a Boxter shifter, because the cables exit out towards the back.

chug_A_bug July 8th 2006 12:58

hey hey ya dude I'm up alll night just thinking looking and breathing GL's

volkdent October 2nd 2006 21:42

Done!

http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/306080.jpg

Jason

ajsyrup October 5th 2006 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkdent (Post 51577)

plumb fuel lines using MkIV VW quick connect ends

maybee i am a little special little more info on these??? sounds interesting:)

volkdent October 7th 2006 02:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajsyrup (Post 54282)
maybee i am a little special little more info on these??? sounds interesting:)

Mk IVs and I suspect Mk Vs have quick connects for everything. Fuel, coolant, heater. They are O-ringed plastic connectors that snap into each other. I'll try to get some pics later.

Jason

Humble October 8th 2006 21:53

I don't know how often you're down on the peninsula or in south bay but I'll have to keep an eye out for your plates. When our bugs are up and running I'll have to drag you down to Boulder Creek for some "spirited mountain driving" and some BBQ

volkdent October 9th 2006 02:31

Sounds good! I love any chance to get on some good mountain roads!

Jason