View Single Post
Old June 13th 2003, 13:19

thank's all for your reply

Goodmorning, my engine is now about three months old. I used a total seal for the second ring. my valve covers are venYed. I even now run a quart low on the dip stick, but I do have a 1.5 sump. It's not the oil pump contact or cover. I'm starting to feel like there may be something wrong with the crank, such as not true or bent. The crank is a new Scat forge 84mm. I did not have the engine balanced, but that would lesson lonjevity, not cause this type of oil puking problem at least I think so. For a small time at work I used a dyno to inspect under load, but the dyno is for large vehicles and my tire contact under higher rpm's tend to climb out of the dyno. And since the dyno is a type where you don't tie down the vehicle, it can't be used for my leak under load inspection. Guys I'm not burning oil but dripping it very where. It leaves trail on the fenders. This weekend I'm going to insatll a Oberg filter in hopes of getting it to stop. Some say I should use the Berg oil pressure releif cover, but I want the higher pressure to go to the filter and remote cooler and then into the engine where it will be regulated by the check valves as should be (at least I think) So if I may ask, please keep thinking about this, because it my only driver and I've just sold my condo and have no place to work on the engine such as removing it, tearing it down and having a mechine shop inspect. DAMN!