View Single Post
Old August 8th 2003, 10:36

Hey Hot66,
I bought the kit from streetworks, and it was actually a good install. I mounted the fuse panel under the rear seat (driver's side) since i found little room under the hood for it (it's a really odd size: 4"x7"x4"tall).
I'd suggest to order more of the connectors (wire terminals) as some of them are unique to the quick disconnect plugs for the steering column harness/ dash. Also I used some stuff not included in the kit: heat shrink tubing (three different sizes); generic wire terminals(the crimp kind, I just pulled off the plastic part and soldered them on); barrier strips (fender harness, engine compartment harness, console harness, etc); a box of assorted rubber hole grommets; and a couple of spools of 16/18g wire in different colours (for other circuits: door solenoids, etc).
The kit is pretty good and fairly complete, it is awesome to have the wires labelled. The instructions are good, but I'd recomend making a couple of "working" copies (I spilled coffee on my one set of copies).
Take extra care when running the Right Rear Taillight wire since if you aren't carefull you'll end up 12" short (I just spliced in a section of extra wire).
Good luck, and if you have any problems when it comes time drop me a line.
Dave