View Single Post
Old September 6th 2003, 21:45

Hi guys,
While I was reading your posts I kind of believed that I was the only one to know about the Nodstadt Kafer, until I red the last reply by 1302 C2/3.
I would like to add some points here.

first off all Volksworld magazine had possibly the only surviving Nodstadt Kafer (from what they said in their article)in its pages about 3 years ago I think. If you want I can tell you excactly next week. These beauties had 914 chassis, gearbox, fuel tank,im not sure about brakes, modified 911 dash, 914 seats and the 2.7 L carrera RS 6-cyl engine (1973 if Im correct). Also they had the side vents of the variant crafted to the side for extra air circulation in the new engine compartment.

I have this specific month edition and from the pictures that are there you can see that the old engine room is now completely empty with a base cover in order to make it a trunk. From what I remember right now the firewall is also gone and the storage space at the rear is really deep towards the front.
Taking that as a big advantage could someone build a wishbone rear supension?add to that a wishbone suspension at the front (I saw pictures of these kind in the galleries under the general section).

I would really like to see who it would handle.

an one off 1303 mid engined with wishbone suspension front and back along with a full roll cage inside for extra safety and strength!!!!!!!

Chris (beetle1303)