View Single Post
Old September 13th 2002, 23:02
Administrator

Thumbs up Right on !

All,

I just fitted the rear 944 ebrake setup with the aluminum backing plates to the stock beetle trailing arms and here's what I found.

This setup increases the width per side by 7/8" (22.25mm). I can't believe how easy the setup was ! I literally unbolted the beetle drum brake backing plate and then bolted on the 944 rear. It was that simple...took me about 10 minutes !

I am missing the wheel studs that press into the rear 944 hubs but will get them this next week. I will then take pictures and write a tech article. I am also going to test fit the 930 rear rotor (309mm x 28mm) and will be using the 944 Turbo front caliper on the back to fit the width of the rotor.

If everything goes well and the 930 rear rotor bolts up, as well as the caliper, then thats another bolt on rear setup that you can use using stock Porsche parts !!

All I have to do now is figure out the handbrake cable setup...doesn't look tough though...

This is cool and I will keep you posted. I love it when things come together this easy !

Sandeep