View Single Post
Old February 1st 2004, 23:46

I got back into bugs after a long time away from them. I went back to college and I wanted something that went well in the snow and was cheap and easy to work on. Once I bought it I decided to moderize it. Disk brakes so you didn't have to adj the brakes all the time, an oil filter, Pertronics ignitor an electric fan so I would have heat. Well I have been driving that car every day for the last six years and the body is just about rusted away do to the salt on the road. I just love it even if it is stock which is fine for daily use.
Wanting to improve the handling I started looking at mods in that direction. Then came brakes, five speed trans, and a T4 engine. A lot of the modifications were suggested, but there only a few places where you could actually get information which is why I showed up here.
I have all the parts and most of the mechanicals assembled. I am on hold at present since I don't have a job and their aren't any around here.
At present I have 944 disks front and rear. A 901,911 trans with GL style rear reinforcement, a Dragfast shifter converted to 5 speeds, a T4 engine with 1800cc heads, custom exhaust, Dellorto 40mm carbs, 914 guages, BMW seats, and I hope to put in a roll cage. The wheels are Porsche Phonedials with Contential tires 45 series at present as they came with the rims. After I get the Konis and hugh swaybars sorted it, it should corner pretty good.
I may even get around to painting it some day!