View Single Post
Old July 26th 2004, 22:44

I say go with the air from under the bus. Don't ruin the clean look of your bus with extra scoops. I would say what everybody else said, run a large wide scoop under your bus the entire width of your bus. Place a metal mesh over the front to keep trash bags and such from clogging your cooling system. Although also note that the airdam which you spent so much time making will cut down on the air that flows under your bus just like it is supposed to do. Have you considered any radiator additives like water wetter. Try to picture your bus in a wind tunnel and ask your self where would the air be flowing around the bus. You will have good dense air in the front but the rest of the way back the air would be turbulant. If you want to get good source of air for the radiator you might want to run the ducting all the way to the front of the bus and cut some intake holes into the front air dam. You could make some large rectangle shaped ducts to channel the air to the engine compartment. Paint them flat black so they are not as visable when looking at them. Also you might want to make the ends adjustable since they might need to project a little from the front to get into the good clean air. Just a few thought to consider.
www.volksport.net Volksport Kfer Gruppe