View Single Post
Old July 26th 2004, 23:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO_H2O
Weld up a wide/low profile duct from sheet metal then transition to a round duct, kind-a like a woodstove hood.
That's definately the plan for the mouth of it but I think I have to keep the round duct a decent size too, at least 3" maybe 4" to get some volume in...

Lots of good ideas BG. I'm already using water wetter and a 50/50 mix on antifreeze. Don't worry, after the roof scoop fiasco I'm done adding scoops to the outside. That was a toooough lesson to learn . The real reason I'm switching to the double NACAs is because when I taped it up there, I just liked the way it looks! If it happens to catch a little more air...bonus!
You brought up a very important point about trying to imagine where the air flow is... unfortunately, all I can do is guess and my guessing has been ultra sucky. (see roof scoop cluster) Running ductwork from front to rear is darn near impossible with the beam and steering stuff in the way so I've got to stick with catching it near the back. I'm gonna make some cardboard dummy boxes and fool with hangdown and clearances this coming weekend.
If anybody gets a brainstorm, lay it on me.
VKG Bastage child