View Single Post
Old October 9th 2004, 13:00

Agree on your points Jason - Ideally you start from scratch and work it from the ground up - optimizing roll centers, camber gain, all the important pick-up points and details. Sometimes you can reverse engineer a bit, using off the shelf parts as much as possible - similar to what you're doing with the spindles, etc. Sometimes this works out OK, sometimes it ends up being a hack job just to make parts work together that were never intended to. IMO, it takes a real artist to do this (not that I'm even close!), make it work well and look like it was designed that way - as I'm sure you've found out! What the hey though - I wrote Speedway to see if they'll divulge the A-arm C-C lengths and overall front to back widths, in addition to the OEM track width of the M-II. At least get some idea if it's at all feasible. Model it a little and see if it'll even fit, what the compromises are. At a minimum you'll be converting the car to front steer, which is a pretty significant change in iteslf! That might ease up on those steering shaft u-joint angles though.
Jeff