View Single Post
Old February 5th 2005, 06:58

So that's atleast 4 of us trying make an impression on Sabine, in Beetles

As of now, the Nurburgring is officially excempt from ever being 'Off Topic'

10mins is pretty quick Wally, If I expected to be much slower I don't think it's a good idea to be out there.... So no busses I hope to get some real track experience by going along with Chris to a UK circuit or two. I live near Oulton Park and a mate owes me a track day (for helping with a T4 top-end rebuild/carb conversion I did on a Westy last summer) He is building a BTCC styled Rover 820turbo..

The last CB pump I fitted to a T1 had both the 'CB' and 'Shadek' logo's in the casting. It appeared to be of a very high quality. It was the slightly higher price of the D-S pump on the CSP site that got me wondering about it's origins. I'm up for using ceramic lifters, I like the stock style of the Schleicher cam gears. I guess all 3 may fit together, but..

I've not used a Melling style pump in the last 13years for the reasons mentioned.

'Looking forward to what info Sandeep's quest turns up.

I would like to fit an oil pre-heater into a D-S tank (or possibly in-line) to reduce cold wear if possible. I suppose this is still an option for a wet-sump.

I'm off now, to watch the RUF 911CTR 'Yellowbird' Faszination On The Nurburgring Mpeg (again!)

Matt