View Single Post
Old April 22nd 2005, 09:29
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Type IV
Sandeep, While there is a documented 6HP loss from the Porsche set up, there is also a documented 23HP loss on the same dyno, with the same heads and cylinders and same drive ratio as the 6HP loss. Six HP is the absolute least i have ever seen with any 911 system- ever. Most are 15-18 or more..
Is this with the same shroud as well ? Interesting ... any idea why ? I would think that HP loss has to do with the fan trying to compress the air in the shroud as the shroud can't get rid of it quickly enough (too much restriction from cylinder and heads + tin).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Type IV
Look for that one to come from right here in late 2006 or early 2007.....
Cool ... If you can get one to cool evenly, even if it does not beat the DTM, you will have alot of buyers .. me included. :agree:

I blew out a CV joint this week, have the parts to fix it, datalogger is installed ... looking forward to seeing some graphs. I'd be happy to share them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBTAIL
I really have a problem with accepting that a T1 fan is the best solution. If it were that good then Porsche would be using it too..
I believe the reason the T1 fan works on a T4 is because there are only 4 cylinders to cool, and the output of the T1 fan can be routed between the 4 cylinders like on a stock T1.

I'm thinking in the early days of the T4 upright conversion, someone found out that the 911 fan was easy to adapt to a T4 for upright cooling, and designed a shroud just to get the engine in the bug and that was the main reason, not even cooling.

With all of the tuners offering the 911 shroud, each seems to be a variation of that original theme, but trying to take cooling into account.

Sandeep