View Single Post
Old October 5th 2005, 16:44

rear irs arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricola
Hi Brent,
Do you have any other pictures of how you remade the lower coilover fixing on the rear trailing arms? I'll need to do this when I fit my G50 and from previously using 1.9" dampers with springs clearance was very tight!

Cheers,
Rich
Yes this was a real tricky little number. I have actualy swapped the arms over first, and completely removed the old shock mount. From here as with all the other bits ive fabricated, made a carboard termplate of a new shock mount to fit the QA1 with Ebach springs which are probably closer to 3". I had noted the position of the original lower shock too. I fabricated a completely new mount out of 5mm plate which was finaly welded in place. I will take a picture for you. The other problem I came accross was the std boot was extremely close [in fact rubbed on the spring] so I used a high speed one which is often used in the centre of rear wheel drive "drive shafts" They are often seen on single seaters. The other bit i had to modify was the top located point. This was simply spaced away from the cast mount by means of a spacer just thick enough to alow the spring to clear the old bump stop casting] Obviously ive removed this rubber anyway and i had trimed the casting a little to compensate. I have also fabricated my own fully adjustable triangulated top stuts to completely stiffen it all up.. [there is a company who offers these but made my own. Realy need to see some pics so hang in there, thanks for you equirery too.