View Single Post
Old October 5th 2005, 17:06

dash and aprons etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Affe
I'm actually most curious about the interior. particularly the dash and how you handled all the wiring and what not. It appears to be completely gone!

Also...How your fron and rear aprons clip on. I had mine converted over in the rear to be removable w/ four small bolts, but never thought about the front. How's it work?

So... Dash, Wiring, front clip.

Bring it!

Heheh damn nice machine you have there.
Hi there, yes this was alot of work. I have totaly designed and fabricated my own dash, made a mould and have an article. I wanted the dash to resemble a 911 and to ballance well in the car. Also to be uniform with the sreering wheel and gauges. I had removed everything first, built the dash and then had a cage frabricated which the tubes run hard up against the screen. i then cut out the two small areas around the cage. This allows me to get the dash out v-quickly if need be. I will take a picture. The wireing is now on about 4 plugs so easy. The front apron was a new blank which i have fabricted a grill into to alow air into the two fronnt oil coolers. This was also a tricky little number, ive cut away the front of the tyre wel and fabricated in a new piece here too. Needed the clearance for the coolers and obviously to remove them for flushing. I have then welded 4 tags onto the apron and 4 weld nuts into the front body. the guards also have 4 extra holes so the apron can be bolted in place and removed seperately. I plan to just loosen the front few guard bolts, remove the 4 small bolts holding the apron in place and simply remove the apron. The rear has 4 zues clips. i will take a picture here too. Apart from the dash, this is the only other fibre glass bit on the car. Hang in there i wil take some more picutres.
Cheers Brent.