View Single Post
Old November 24th 2005, 03:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwebster
With the ET40 offset, will I have to use spacers to get these to work?
I'm not getting smart with you but what difference does it make? (If I knew the answer, I would tell you. I just don't have a standard Beetle to know or take a good guess.)

Seriously, back to my question ... if you like the wheels and you are already set to get the brakes with the new pattern, why not get the brakes installed and the wheels on and see first hand what spacers you will need, if any? H&R makes quality spacers in hubcentric and non-hubcentric designs, and in multiple widths in that bolt pattern.

If you are afraid the wheels with spacers will extend past the fender too far, why not do some quick measuring and calculating? Many disk brake set-ups do not add width by themselves. (Find this out to be certain.) Then, calculate how much further the wheel will go given the width and offset.

You should be able to reliably estimate how much play you have with your narrowed beam.

On the interior view, take your current wheel off and do some measuring to see if the overall diameter of wheel and tire interferes. If you estimate you need a 15mm spacer for clearance purposes, compare that with how much play you have going to out to the fenders.

In the meanwhile, someone may chime in with a personal experience of their own which you can use.

Good luck. (I do know what it's like to center decision making on a desired wheel.)