View Single Post
Old May 22nd 2006, 19:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis
I had never heard that before. Very interesting.
Tis true.

Distorted signal with have clipping, much like a square wave where the very tops and bottoms get chopped off... Causes lots of damage very quickly.

Too much power can be managed, too little is a receipe for disaster. Lots of power generally = lots of control = nice crisp sound.

Too much power cooks voice coils if over done, but would be LOUD... Set the gain somewhere sensible if you have 100 watt rms speakers and a 300 watt rms per channel amp... Around a third would be a good starting point...
Ideally you setup with an ossicilioscope so you can get max power without clipping.

Its well worth the effort, nice sounds is good but superb sounds are even better!

My kit:

Thats an IDMAX 12 D4

Those are CDT Eurosport 620's...

All in my car and it sounds wonderful! VERY crisp and controlled, with plenty of tight bass and it drops down low too...

If you need ANY advice/guidance with your install feel free to drop me a line, have been doing this stuff for years.

And remember, 80% of the sound comes from a GOOD install.. Cheap kit can sound like a million dollars if installed properly, and the reverse is true... Good kit can sound nasty if installed badly.

Keep the faith.

Cya,
SaM C
Raby 2270, B spec gearbox, Lots of carbon fibre, Wolfrace Octane Black 17x7.5, Goodyear Eagle F1's, Kerscher suspension front and rear, kamei airdam in carbon, corbeau seats, momo millunium steering wheel.
CDT eurosport 6.5 front speakers, IDMAX 12D2 sub, rockford old school amps.