View Single Post
Old July 20th 2006, 21:04

since ur going to get adjustable struts dont over do it with the strut, because the spring doesnt have the same properties (its softer due to reduced spirals) thus your suspension can bottom out easier.
I could say if you want it slammed (lower setting) go for one notch higher and try it.

IMO cutting your springs is a cheap sollution, but if carried out correctly, it can be a "safe" one as well. I cant find the article right now, but from what i remember it said that u must make a new end for the spring plate to attach to. ie cut one hole turn measuring from the first helical point and not the end of the spring... hope u understand what im saying...

Ive got a 73 1303 (3 bolt) with stock wheel/tire combo atm and all i can say is that is sharp and responsive, a bit bumpy, but it never understeers even in a decreasing radius turn or hairpin. Ive fitted KYB "black" inserts, eibach 4cm shorter springs urethane bushings and a strut brace that makes a big difference.

summary: go for lowered springs and try not to use the cut down springs due to their unknown characteristics and propably improper abilities...
I would wait a bit for some cash to come and fit everything at once

just my 2 cents

Chris

1973 1303 going towards GL