View Single Post
Old November 16th 2006, 00:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLKWRK View Post
Hey Chug,

Steve at MPS (416-252-0866) builds my engines, he can hook you up if you are looking for someone local in Etobikoke.

Basically you need to get a jug of varisol and an old container with a brush and clean the grime off that case. I would pull the old studs off first, then open and clean the oil passages and tap them for the aluminum plugs.

I was checking if the oil presure releif plunger thingy was still there, if not I have it for you. I also have more type 4 hardware and stuff if you need it, plus a nice set if vanagon square port heads that i was going to rebuild, it depends what you plan on doing with your engine.

Bry
hey thanks for that # I'll give them a call
ok that's easy to clean then just some time, it's all good but these oil passages what size tap and can I put them in or does the machen shop have to do that? I really no nothing about engines this will be my first VW I have done a chev 350 B4 so I understand the connsept of it all I just don't know what to use has in parts I knwo that I want a really torque monster and then way down the road make it AWD tube Chassese.
07 Chevy 3500 Dually