View Single Post
Old December 15th 2006, 01:41

Ok so after a small break in work it is back to the A arms.

New developements:

1- The arms will be built from the ground up using either round tubing or square tubing. It depends on what grade steel tubing I can get my hands on around here. If any one has suggestions on what grade to use as well as where to get it, please chime in. Sizes are yet to be determined. I would like to use DOM tubing but cannot find it in square form. I would prefer a square solution. Trying to amalgimate 2 types of factory suspension peices has beed determined to be unweildy.

2- Decided to use a type 3 master cylinder as it will give better clearance for the arm as well as allow each brake to have a connection directly to the MC.

3-The A arms will use the bushings from the 1982 Audi 4000 A arms and the normal beetle sway bar bushing.

4-Total distance from original mount point of the beetel I arm is now about 2 inches to minimize adverse effects on the supension.

That is the plan for now.
Pirate VW Services is looking for weber IDF and IDA carbs "to far gone to repair". We are also looking for 74 Super Beetle and later controll arms that are to badley bent to use or repair. PM for details.

Sevice with a yarrhhhh!