View Single Post
Old January 19th 2007, 19:23

My single A arm project for supers was put on hold for the recent ice storm. However I should have the tubular Test Jig I am building to hold all the parts in place as If they were on a frame and chassis and not just a frame, done soon. This option allows me great access to all the parts and areas I will be working on as well as mocking up their position. As for the mounting points for the arms, they will be able to either be bolted on or welded in depending on the end users wishes. The down side to this project is that the A arms will be a total custom affair. However all the supporting parts will be off the shelf. Parts such as the A arm bushings, ball joints and sway bar busings, allowing for rebuilds if needed. I plan on offering 2 versions one that will use a bolt on Porsche ball joint and one that will use a bolt on ball joint that will fit beetle spindels. This will offer easy options to the two main schools of break modification. I may in the future also offer I arms with these options as well for people that wish to keep a more stock suspension. Expect some detailed updates in the main thread for this in the next week or so.
Pirate VW Services is looking for weber IDF and IDA carbs "to far gone to repair". We are also looking for 74 Super Beetle and later controll arms that are to badley bent to use or repair. PM for details.

Sevice with a yarrhhhh!