View Single Post
Old December 24th 2002, 13:50

hello
well zou bet its my linkage it turned out that the aluminium arms that come of the hex bar were not level with each other !!

obviously no amount of adjustment on the drop links is going to get me there in this case .

having adjusted them in my vice its a lot better than it was but still a very slight mismatch at 1750rpm i think more fine tuning will eventually iron this out.

its the way that the drop arms are splined onto the hex bar that has arose these problems .

its at times like this i cant help thinking a bellcrank push pull linkage would be a lot easier to set up because this is on a type 3 i dont know if that would work mind as the manifolds are so short the throttle shafts are well below the level of the tin!

if i did this the arms that go on the throttle shaft would have to be verticle.

i need a set of 145 mains to try or possibly 147s and would also as you suggest like to try a slightly bigger idle i feel a 57 would be worth a go.

one of the air bypass screws (cylinder 4) is stuck and the slot for the screwdriver has been chewed up not funny, all 4 measure the same air intake with my sync meter and i dont think it would be right to screw 3 of them 1/2 a turn and leave the one that is stuck in there but i definenately can see how this would help just cant do it.

plugs after its been idleing for 5 minutes are quite fouled up one thing i think could help here is a new set of mixture screws as the tips on these dont seem as good and sharp as they could be im sure this would help a lot with idle adjustment too.

floats are at 6mm i could try 5mm to richen it up a bit at the top end when i go down a size on the main factory was 5-6mm low being lean high being richer .

still havent checked my fuel pressure i need to get a sensitive pressure gauge (here in europe ) 1-10 psi in 1/4 or less of a pound incre3ments my gauge is up to 50 psi and not sensitive to these low pressures .

im close and i know it i can feel the power need to drop oil change filter set tappets with all this milage doing testing8-)