View Single Post
Old January 2nd 2003, 13:30

Quote:
Originally posted by yetibone
Eureka! I figured it out!
Take the strut loose from the spindle. Use a 3/8" burr on a die grinder and elongate the top hole on the strut (where it bolts to the spindle) towards the inside about 2mm. Then take a grinder
and remove 2mm of metal from the spindle, right to the inside of where the corresponding bolt hole is. Elongating the bolt hole in the strut gives a further range of adjustment, and removing metal from the spindle lets it move closer the strut without any compromise in structural integrity. When finished, I had about 3.5 degrees NEGATIVE camber!
I am interested in some different lower control arms though. Seems like stock 1303 arms are kinda gimpy, and the stronger 1302 arms just flat won't work with Porsche spindles. Let me know how yours turn out

yetibone
Hmm... You elongated the hole? But what about the original eccentric bolt? It's a 17mm head. I heard that if you replace it with 12mm, you don't have to make any holes bigger yet you get more camber. Makes sense as the head is smaller so it allows for more adjustment. But I'm worried how it will hold adjustment as the cam on the bolt sort of pushes against the strut. With bigger holes, I'm not too sure....

I have a new idea... How about leaving the top stock and drill out the bottom instead? This way, you can use an additional pair of original 17mm eccentric bolts!

Will keep ya updated with the new arms. Anyone here good with maths to help me calculate the length and angles? :-)

SprintStar.