View Single Post
Old July 17th 2007, 08:23

Oh snap...the engine is here...

I was buying a WRX engine for my super beetle i'm building...or so I thought!

Well it arrived yesterday and me and a friend got it to my house and unwrapped...and what do you know, I had no idea what I was looking at. So I took some pictures and went to nasioc.com to get some answers. After a few ideas of what engine it could be, I got a definate answer...and its definately not what I thought I was getting. This is what I was told...

Quote:
okay people, it is NOT a JDM V5/6 motor, they have an offset ignitor-on-coil wasted spark pack, the loom would also have 3 plugs with a spacer-socket between two of them on the ecu.

Its a JDM V3/4 (MY96/97) STi motor, they have, as seen there, a centred Seperate-ignitor wasted spark pack, and 3 non-spaced plugs on the ECU.

The JDM V3 engine is regarded as the most agressive of the years, having the most agressive cams, and features forged pistons and yellow-top injectors.

Cheers,
Cameron
Nothing like the engine I was expecting...looks like I am gonna have to plan for a few extra ponies IM STOKED!

It also came with the KEP adapter for the 091 tranny...not bad for $1200 shipped to my door!