View Single Post
Old January 5th 2003, 19:30

hello
yeti , that engine sounds quite close to mine 36 vents in dell 40s must have been the limit

ive ordered a set of 145 mains and a set of 155 s too also a set of small 25 mm stacks a new set of idle screws (all them gallons of fuel over the years have taken there toll)

im gonna fit the 155s first and test then the stacks .

i too have a seat of the pants feeling that my 163 cam and only 40 in 34 ex valves means this motor is quite greedy allready down low in the rev range and the proggresion drillings arnt quite keeping up .

thing is im also sure that the mains at the minute drilled out by my own fair hand are going to actually somewhere in the region of 152s the bit measured 1.48 mm but i dont posses any jet size gauges to check . must buy a set.

this plugged idle business is not funny another reason i will be looking at the dell update kit in the future sometime .

pokeing things with guitar strings is a bit of a no no really especially if it was a heacy set of strings and the hign e was a 12 i just sold my electric only got jumbo 12 strings hangin round now~~

its still ok at the moment and a big grin to drive but its allways good to just drill the last drop of juoce out of the apple.

many thanks.