View Single Post
Old December 2nd 2007, 17:07

Stability

Hi Chris, hay I don't have any experience in this, just trying to get a safe car in the end. So I'll post in the end on how the results came out. I love this talk, due to it gives us all avenues of possibilities. Now back to the dirty air concept, I really believe deflecting as much air from under the car while considering the pan area and lite weight of the VW; need real consideration. The venturi effect, is really an issue for temperature and air speed causing a vacuum effect, but does not effect the under pan (in my opnion). Now I don't know: confused: but dips, bumps and the like will cause the care to need to get ride of the extra air of the rebound. My car (work in progress) has the rear window slits/and interior louvers altered. that means I removed the louvers behind the rear window slits. So as air in the area of the rear window rolls, it should cause a lift, but having the slits/interior louvers removed and reverse louvers applied; will still suck, but on what? I think the 28 blade fan will do fine for itself (normal type 1 fan). Also weather it sucks or blows, the engine tin, can be altered (for my application) to further aid in the lifting rear end issue. I have also alter my behind the seat area to accept my muffler there, so the tin can be drilled with lighting holes to aid in keeping the air moving along.

Last edited by effvee; December 2nd 2007 at 17:10.