View Single Post
Old October 20th 2008, 09:54

Thank you evil c for you valuable information. The Opel front axle is a double a arm suspension set up with a leaf spring running across from one side to the other forcing a loss of friction of one side onto the other. The corvette c 4 uses the identical design for a front axle. I may however end up fabing up my own a arms depending on how much the Opel axle weight, I already have the ope axle is the reason why I assumed using it, however I did plan on adapting the factory spindles to which ever brake design I go with. Chassis wise I am going to buy a full tube chassis from RLR, I am waiting for an estimate to get one fully welded and shipped to me. What size brakes would you recommend running, along with wheel size? I was looking to run 16~17" wheels as they seem to match the car best to me. The only brakes I have now are off of a n/a 85.5 944. I imagine I should upgrade, however I don't know how large I should go, or how many pot calipers I should run. Here is a c4 front axle however the opel is steel and definitely doesn't have 13" brakes.