View Single Post
Old October 22nd 2008, 15:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by big daddy View Post
my fuel pressue is t 3.5 psi.
I guess that was measured at idle? How do you know its also 3.5 psi at 5500 rpm at WOT?

Quote:
What size jets are you using in your carbs?
Sorry, no reference for you on a 2,6 ltr engine. I only ran Dells on much smaller engines, but they always only like one air corr. size on anything: 180. Your very close already to that size though...
At WOT they can use a lot of fuel, since your jet sizes are quit large already, its only logical to suspect fuel feed. Hence the pressure question

Do you have a wide band installed for the tuning? If you question your jet sizes, a Wide-band really is the only way to go imo. Rent one if need be.

If you ARE already rich enough (should be by now), it may not be your carbs, but ignition or s/th else. Even if you may think it works ok, some things may just surprise you, especially with HD coils and such. Just re-route the wires so it stays clear far far away from anything alternator related, if only for me asking...

Just some (maybe obvious) pointers, but then again, I really can't do much more over here from my computer...