View Single Post
Old April 16th 2009, 05:57
VW consumer products reseller and researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellex View Post
Man, I can't believe it's been so long since the site went down! Take an average of 20 times a day checking if it's back up, and multiply it to the days passed, and you get a mad man :mad2:

I've made some progress on my bug too. I gave up on the idea of using the Porsche rack, but still, I decided to try someting just a little bit different. More on that later.

I mounted some small stuff on the bug, like a 3rd brake light, some mounts for the front licence plate, that move it under the bumper, I replaced all the brake plumbing, I also replaced that bushing inside the tunnel, for the shifter linkage, I installed the flip-it bushings. Pics in my album, link is in my signature.

And most importantly, my front suspension came, and it's awesome! It's the LA Performance set, for late 944 spindles.

And after a long time, the bug can sit on all it's 4 wheels again!

If you look closely in the suspension pics, you can see the rack mounts that I'm trying to make, using the original pre '75 steering box mounts. Right now it's only a mock-up.
The rack it's self is from the Audi 100 / Audi A6 Typ 44. It's almost the same as the late 1303 one, but the mounting points are different and the splined shaft has the same diameter, but more splines. The model that I chose also has power steering, but I'm probably not gonna use it.
There are a few little problems that I have to solve somehow but I'm confident it's gonna work.

Nice struts .