View Single Post
Old January 22nd 2003, 22:13

Lightbulb Hey Ross!

Are you working on Martin's car? If your the man, we are glad to have you here. I'm copying you to a degree and just havn't got around to saying Hi yet. I've talked with Martin many times regarding what you guys are building. I have 86+ 928 spindles and a Golf II non-powered rack thus far, I was going to use the 65ET Cup II wheels, but its seems they are a rare item, so I'm going with the 52ET.

To comment on why keep some of the stock beam the Rich is using and keeping it bolt on, it means that someone can actually buy or build one of these things and simply bolt it onto their car. Not everyone has the facility or know-how you do, but they might have the cash, so they can buy a known quantity and bolt it on with little knowledge of what is involved in building a good suspension from scratch. I'd like to see what you came up with if you took this approach, as I'm sure it would be excellent.

While I'm writing, Martin said you used a Volvo top balljoint for the spindle, do you remember which model, or do you know of other balljoints that will fit into that top spot? I'm thinking about using a modified BMW M3 lower control arm on the bottom with the 928 lower ball joint, and then a very custom top arm with whatever balljoint will work.

I have to ask you, will you be reinforcing that front end on Martin's car? It looks pretty torsionally weak right now.

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S