View Single Post
Old September 9th 2009, 12:25

Arms are of the pressed steel variety
I didn't know the spring plates were desirable. I assume they make ride height adjustments easier, correct? Should I return to get them?
Standard trans/ equal length shafts. I also have a '73 915-02 trans that I want to adapt so I am not entirely sure there is an insurmountable issue with diff flanges? If I stay with the bug trans, bus flanges should be a help.
The front spindles should bolt up and solving the camber trouble should be relatively easy. Which only leaves the installation of bumpsteer kits to correct tierod angle. (I have done this same sort of upgrade on my Chevy Monte Carlo, on which I installed 12 inch brakes)
Rotors should clean up nicely, as they appear to have never been cut. CV's can be rebuilt relatively cheaply. Parking brake cables can be adapted with the installation of a kit from http://www.vdubengineering.com
Here in the states $200 is considered fairly cheap, remember the current exchange rate is 1 British pound = 1.6504 U.S. dollars, that figures to ~120 pounds.
Master Cylinder is a 24/19, I will try it first and if I don't like the bias achieved with it I can always go back to the stock 19/19. I am reading that the 914 and some 911's have a master cylinder that may work also. I don't recall bore sizes though.