View Single Post
Old December 15th 2009, 14:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Sorry mate, I may have used stock crank, rods, case, heads as a base, but there are no 'cheap' solutions to 350 hp aircooled and making it last on a track.
Just drag race, that would be much more easy and hence less expensive.
If you want to basterdize your car by using a japanese watercooled engine, be my guest. I am sure it will be much less expensive. If you think that is worth it, go right ahead.
My fun is to make an aircooled car fast and last. using a watercooled engine to make it fast is soooo easy, its no fun and no surprise for anybody..
To each his own I guess
It was (and will be) nice to have met you anyways Its all about FUN, nothing else you know
Basterdise is a tough word. People from vintage scene think that making german lookers is also basterdizing. We all think it's not like that, right?

Subaru STI is a very similar engine to VW AC. They even work with Porsche on development of new parts/engines. But, ofcourse, it's not that cool as aircooled engine. We all know that.

My point: the only thing that somebody can basterdize on their Bug is badly engineer it. Good engineering is good engineering. No matter is it aircooled or else.

I really admire Your car. I didn't said it's made of cheap parts. I just compare it with Remmele, MassIVe Type4 and that kind of stuff. Looking at their performance/price ratio, Your engine is - cheap. In no offensive meaning, sorry if You took that wrong...

This is why I ask how much Your engine costs with your knowledge and skills.